Author Topic: 4 X 12 work bench  (Read 2287 times)

Offline DeadNutz

4 X 12 work bench
« on: September 21, 2019, 05:06:38 PM »
The wife and I went to Carson City airport this morning to grab a workbench out of the build room at our EAA chapter house. One of our members had bought a quick build all aluminum airplane kit several years ago but decided to buy a plane instead and donated the $25,000 kit to our chapter. He had built this 4' x 12' workbench out of the crate the kit came in to build the wings on. Our members have finished building the wings so the bench was no longer needed as the already built fuselage wouldn't fit through the door and a member is letting us use 1 hangar out of the 3 he recently built to finish the plane.

I had to remove the 6 small casters off the bench and 2 doors on the building to get it out of the building. The wife and I set it on 2 dollies on it's side and maneuvered out to the trailer. An airplane mechanic friend was driving down the ramp and stopped to help me load it. If I had not bought the two dollies with 6" swiveling casters at an estate sale for $10 each several months ago we would not have been able to move it with the 2 of us.

The workbench is not the best built but functional and we will use it for our yard sale. If nobody at the airport wants it I will try to sell it at the sale or turn it into firewood.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: 4 X 12 work bench
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 08:16:09 PM »
Gotta love that pup inspecting the quality of the build. == LOL

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 08:39:14 PM »
Man I would take that weenie dog home in a heartbeat!  :)
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 11:00:31 PM »
Mmmm... Dachshunds. We had them when I was a kid. Not dogs to let an unfamiliar car around, I can guarantee that!

(great beasties!)

Online gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 11:38:14 PM »
Looks like it fits the bill, and bonus points for being built from salvaged materials. I'd bury it in schit just like every other flat surface I have access to.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 11:39:00 PM »
I loved the weenie dog my mom had. I hate the batch of weenie dogs my neighbor has. I think she rescues every ill mannered, mentally deranged and mean one she can find. The incessant barking when I went outside was only addressed after I left the shop stereo blasting punk rock at her house all day while I was at work. Its amazing what 200watts of punk rock will do.  ;D Type O Negative, Bloody kisses ;D I love a well mannered dog.