Author Topic: Engine Oil Shortage?  (Read 3311 times)

Offline muddy

Re: Engine Oil Shortage?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2022, 02:06:01 PM »
I know one thing, I am glad I am not raising a family during this time.
Yep it ain't easy. Daycare/preschool are the toughest on out budget.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline highland512

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2022, 06:48:46 PM »
I know one thing, I am glad I am not raising a family during this time.
Yep it ain't easy. Daycare/preschool are the toughest on out budget.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
When we moved my wife was looking at job opening and the pay vs child care cost made it nearly impossible to justify he going back to work. Now with a second kid…. No way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline highland512

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2022, 06:50:17 PM »
Scheduled my oil change with the mechanic yesterday. Asked him if the supply shortages were any better - he said they were way worse. Said he needed a fuel pump for a 2008  truck - supposedly a very common part - and the nearest one he found was in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. And I hear certain car tires are out of stock - and I need a pair for the van. Just my luck!
Took 7 months to get a pair of 15.5-38 tractor tires this summer. 2 years ago that would have taken a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 04:46:30 PM »
I picked the wife up at work last night and we went to Costco. Plenty of the pallet racks had empty spaces with the racks in the produce room having very little extra stock. The nice heavy duty racks I bought for the shop and garage were about $130 10 years ago and now they are $250. The good black totes with yellow lids are now $11 which is nearly double their original price.

They had good discounts on the vitamins and supplements so we stocked up.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2022, 06:13:20 PM »
Like you Les. I was at Costco today as well, and experienced a similar situation. Granted we are expected to get snow here on Sunday, and as a result everyone panics and tries to stock up, but the empty spaces were noticeable. Canned veggies were going like crazy, and it was impossible to find staples such as crushed canned tomatoes (which were always stacked to the max, even during the height of the COVID mess), plain peanuts, and some of our favorite fruits.

That said, the wine and beer aisles were bursting at the seams. As was the inventory in the baked goods section -- lots of bread, cakes, bagels, and other goodies.