Author Topic: Does anyone use: R-3266 L1 NO-OX-ID on electrical terminals?  (Read 508 times)

Offline torqueman2002

While watching Erick O on his YouTube channel: South Main Auto Repair, he applied what looked like a dielectric grease to the bulb terminals. It's R-3266 L1 NO-OX-ID  A-Special by Sanchem, Inc. It is shown in the video below.

I'm wondering if anyone has used it and how it compares to a run-of-the-mill dielectric grease.
 :017:
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher

Offline muddy

Re: Does anyone use: R-3266 L1 NO-OX-ID on electrical terminals?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 08:56:50 PM »
The only reason I've heard of no ox is guys use it for keeping the tracks on model railroads clean and free of oxidation.

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 09:43:54 PM »
We use that grease at work when we lug up big electrical cabling. Most of our big cables are aluminum and we smear this all over the inside of the connector and outside of the wire prior to tightening the lug down.

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 11:51:41 AM »
I use Gardner-Bender Ox-Gard on most electrical connections. It's zinc oxide particles in a dielectric grease suspension. The zinc oxide is supposed to be pointy shaped and harder then copper oxide, so it cuts in to the copper wire base metal as the terminal is tightened. I use it judiciously on the wire on before I crimp terminals as well, then dual wall adhesive heat-shrink. Makes for a pretty impervious joint. I also have started putting it on battery posts instead of the other options. I think it does a better job preventing corrosion than the red spray stuff, and I never cared for the shellac sealer.