Author Topic: Thrift store find: a bunch of sandpaper  (Read 481 times)

Offline bonneyman

Thrift store find: a bunch of sandpaper
« on: September 07, 2023, 06:33:13 PM »
Not really a tool, but well worth grabbing I think. Loose and in packages, small pieces to full sheets, sizes from 36 up to 2000. I ask the floor guy how much for the whole bunch, he asked what I was thinking. I said ten bucks. He said that's what he was thinking.
I got the grab home, combined it with the small stash I had, and put it all into a paper folder business box. Most of what you see is today's purchase. Considering that two packages of 6 sheets each would cost $10 at Ace I think I got a really good deal. And the guy seemed pleased that I was taking it, as he put something else in the now empty shelf spot. Man, that thrift outlet is great!

Also, snagged a speed square by Johnson tool for $2 at the Humane Society store yesterday.

Offline slip knot

Re: Thrift store find: a bunch of sandpaper
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 08:35:25 PM »
you can never have too much sandpaper. good grab IMHO. I dont have much luck with abrasives on the sale markets here. If its not stored properly here the humidity gets it and the abrasives come loose. Even sanding belts will come apart if not kept in AC. You probably dont have those issues in AZ.

Offline bonneyman

Re: Thrift store find: a bunch of sandpaper
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 10:24:09 AM »
I agree, slip knot. This pile of sandpaper just dumped on a shelf - not even in a container - just screamed "take me home". I knew I could get it for a song. I also grabbed a half gallon bottle of Pine Sol - no label, no price. For $2 I knew I could use it.

These kinds of things are what I look for at thrift stores. Everyday supplies and trinkets that I know can be used around the house, and at a fraction of the cost. One only needs to know what things do, and keep a running tally in my mind of what I need. So when I see it, I jump on it!