Author Topic: Formally BoredMechanic now tacticalfun. Work adventure photos  (Read 257334 times)

Offline TacticalFun

Offline highland512

Re: Formally BoredMechanic now tacticalfun. Work adventure photos
« Reply #616 on: January 14, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
I`ve always wondered about shipping meat?
They overnight it in dry ice. Works very well

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I order boudin from my favorite shop in Louisiana and it arrives 2nd day still frozen and usually in July.............MMMMMMMMMMMM that reminds me, its about time to place a new order   

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #617 on: January 14, 2020, 06:55:18 PM »

I order boudin from my favorite shop in Louisiana and it arrives 2nd day still frozen and usually in July.............MMMMMMMMMMMM that reminds me, its about time to place a new order
Isnt that fairly easy to make on your own? Also link please

Offline highland512

« Reply #618 on: January 14, 2020, 09:49:53 PM »

I have never made it myself but over Christmas I was watching some YouTube’s on making your own. It doesn’t look that bad. I would have to buy a stuffer but they make one for the kitchenaide mixer which my wife owns. I am going to take a swing at it soon.

I love boudin, I ate it all over south Louisiana from Slidell to Lake Charles. Even in Scott Louisiana which is the self proclaimed boudin capital of the world. My favorite was Ronnies Boudin and Cracklins, he had a store in Baton Rouge and Hammond.

http://ronniesboudin.com/locations.html

I would advise calling the Hammond store if you are going to have them ship (this is where they make a majority of their boudin)
My favorite boudin is the smoked pork links but the original is also very good. He also has a a link called tiger sausage, it’s a stand out example Louisiana sausage. He has all the different blends of boudin like crawfish, rabbit, gator, and even deer but the traditional pork is the best. He also sells a head cheese that seems to rapidly disappear when placed between me and my dad with a tube of crackers.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #619 on: January 14, 2020, 10:55:26 PM »
Next time your in Portland hit that shop. I`d wager that its easily on par with the best out there.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #620 on: January 15, 2020, 11:41:28 AM »
 Earls Cajun market in Lafayette has some cracklins that are great but they won’t ship well. I eat as much as I can hold when I can get over that way.  >:D

Offline highland512

« Reply #621 on: January 15, 2020, 12:47:56 PM »
Earls Cajun market in Lafayette has some cracklins that are great but they won’t ship well. I eat as much as I can hold when I can get over that way.  >:D
I found when eating cracklins there is a fine line between eating as much as you can hold and duck walking to the blue hot box.  :))

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #622 on: January 15, 2020, 03:19:25 PM »

I have never made it myself but over Christmas I was watching some YouTube’s on making your own. It doesn’t look that bad. I would have to buy a stuffer but they make one for the kitchenaide mixer which my wife owns. I am going to take a swing at it soon.

I love boudin, I ate it all over south Louisiana from Slidell to Lake Charles. Even in Scott Louisiana which is the self proclaimed boudin capital of the world. My favorite was Ronnies Boudin and Cracklins, he had a store in Baton Rouge and Hammond.

http://ronniesboudin.com/locations.html

I would advise calling the Hammond store if you are going to have them ship (this is where they make a majority of their boudin)
My favorite boudin is the smoked pork links but the original is also very good. He also has a a link called tiger sausage, it’s a stand out example Louisiana sausage. He has all the different blends of boudin like crawfish, rabbit, gator, and even deer but the traditional pork is the best. He also sells a head cheese that seems to rapidly disappear when placed between me and my dad with a tube of crackers.
I just ordered some. I have never had it before.

Offline highland512

« Reply #623 on: January 15, 2020, 03:38:01 PM »
Defrosted remove from the fridge, place it in the grill at medium heat. Grill until casing very light char and the link looks tight, if you go to hot and fast it will burst and half your link ends up in the bottom of the grill. 

Personally I cut the link in half and enjoy with some Crystal hot sauce https://www.baumerfoods.com/sauces/crystal-hot-sauce on each bite and wash it down with a Miller Lite or 6. If you eat it this way you have just enjoyed the official breakfast and/or lunch and/or supper of the coon-ass, ca c'est bon!!!!   

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #624 on: January 15, 2020, 03:59:05 PM »
Defrosted remove from the fridge, place it in the grill at medium heat. Grill until casing very light char and the link looks tight, if you go to hot and fast it will burst and half your link ends up in the bottom of the grill. 

Personally I cut the link in half and enjoy with some Crystal hot sauce https://www.baumerfoods.com/sauces/crystal-hot-sauce on each bite and wash it down with a Miller Lite or 6. If you eat it this way you have just enjoyed the official breakfast and/or lunch and/or supper of the coon-ass, ca c'est bon!!!!   
I was with you until the miller lite

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #625 on: January 20, 2020, 01:57:03 PM »

Offline Elroy

« Reply #626 on: January 20, 2020, 04:32:36 PM »
Your choice of food looks more dangerous than the firearms  :))

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #627 on: January 20, 2020, 04:35:13 PM »
Your choice of food looks more dangerous than the firearms  :))
You might be right

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #628 on: January 20, 2020, 05:08:23 PM »
That part you showed doesn't look very good.

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #629 on: January 20, 2020, 05:37:40 PM »
That part you showed doesn't look very good.
The pump fell in the tank