Author Topic: Snow finally came -  (Read 1775 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Snow finally came -
« on: January 03, 2022, 01:51:43 PM »
It’s amazing - a day ago it was 72 degrees and muggy, and today we’re enjoying 5” of fresh snow. Not cigar weather when the temps are going into the low teens tonight.

Had to cut up a tree that fell over and blocked the driveway - what a way to start the morning. That said, the view is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: Snow finally came -
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 02:08:07 PM »
Nice.  Damn cold here in Atlanta, windy and rainy.  Power went out at 5:00 AM but came back about 10:30.

Saturday afternoon it was in the 70s and humid.  Was driving with shorts on and the windows open.
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 04:08:00 PM »
Glad to see you guys are getting to enjoy what we have had for weeks. I ran my errands this morning with a load of firewood in the truck. I pulled the wood out of the pile and knocked the snow and ice off it and had iit n the truck parked in the sun for 3 days. I figured the wind of driving would help. I loaded the rack in the garage and the wood was lighter and had dried out pretty good.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 06:36:36 PM »
That is pretty. I wouldn't mind the snow if I didn't have to work all day in it.

When we get snow/cold like that it usually means a bad day for me and my guys. I cant wait for that day I can set back and watch someone else gear up and go out in it.

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 09:51:41 AM »
Only just over 1" here near the coast but LOTS of rain and some flooding.

Glad I was not on I95 south of DC yesterday  :-\
Nick
Yorktown, VA