VEHICLES > PROJECT CARS/TRUCKS

Mazda B2600 2.6L Mitsubishi de-smog and Weber carburetor conversion --

<< < (2/6) > >>

WoodenNickle:
What a nightmare.  I had a similar problem with a '87 Chevy Vega - really a Toyota with a different body.  Don't remember what make the carb was, but it was varnished up internally from sitting for about a year with half a tank of ethanol laced "gas".  The dealer couldn't fix it, so the owner decided to sell it.  This is one of those "helping out my buddy" deals.  I volunteered to clean the carb for him.  Many an hour searching for multiple vacuum diagrams to straighten out what the dealer's mechanic had done.  We finally got the thing running well enough to put on the road, and I hope I never see it again.

alwaysFlOoReD:
Thanks for the write up. It will help me with fixing my 87 b2600. Which carb kit did you use?

goodfellow:

--- Quote from: alwaysFlOoReD on January 30, 2019, 12:30:31 PM ---Thanks for the write up. It will help me with fixing my 87 b2600. Which carb kit did you use?

--- End quote ---

PM sent --

DeadNutz:
When I met the wife she had a Subaru Brat and it needed a smog check. I went to the smog place and the guy opened the hood took a look and closed it and said he couldn't help me. The Brat had a built engine with a Weber 2 BBL on it and no one would smog it. We got exemptions for a while and finally got to the point where we had to go to a friend of a friend with extra cash. Finally we couldn't get away with it any longer so we traded it to a neighbor next door to the shop for some work. He had no problem with the smog as he knew just where to take it in the barrio.

The county we live in does not require smog checks while Reno to the north of us does as well as Vegas. Another reason I love where we live.

goodfellow:
In our state (VA) only certain counties require smog checks. It's required mostly in the most populous and densely populated counties . That said, the DMV regulations are such that if the car is 25 years old (or older) and is carrying standard registration plates, it doesn't require a smog check -- only a safety inspection. Vehicles with special antique vehicle plates like my '70 Jaguar don't require the safety nor the smog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version