TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MECHANIC HAND TOOLS WE USE

The SK Tuff1

<< < (2/4) > >>

highland512:

--- Quote from: Davethorik on November 20, 2019, 12:38:57 AM ---Didn't you have this thread at the old GG? I think I contributed to that one, but I can't remember.

--- End quote ---
I think i had a post in the ratchet triple threat.

highland512:

--- Quote from: skfarmer on November 20, 2019, 07:43:21 AM ---my local sk store did not have  tuff1 kits for a while. they did get some in and they are in new packages. now if they where new kits or nos i don't know but i do know i could get a kit not long ago.

--- End quote ---

When you say new packages are you saying Ideal packaged? My local guy was saying new tuff1 kits where no more.

Tool Pants:
I got some 8 plus years ago at the flea.  1/4", 1/2" regular, and 1/2" long handle.  Different sellers.  Different times.

I "stole" the long handle for $5.  It was freewheeling and appeared to have been taken apart then put back together.  I knew they were tricky to put back together because I had played with that style before.  You gamble that it is just a matter of putting it back together properly, and is not missing parts.  Gamble paid off because all the parts were there when I took it apart - just not put back together properly.

Snaparxon!:
Found this KAL 1269 3/8" dr ratchet today. Made in USA. I assume made by SK and rebranded KAL since KAL didn't make their own tools.

highland512:

--- Quote from: macaxis on June 19, 2021, 07:09:31 PM ---Found this KAL 1269 3/8" dr ratchet today. Made in USA. I assume made by SK and rebranded KAL since KAL didn't make their own tools.

--- End quote ---
Many years ago I ran into a guy liquidating Department of defense scrap from the local navy base. What the government was scrapping was literally dump truck loads of tools.

The main brands where Wright, Proto, SK, many more including KAL. My theory has always been that KAL was what SK stamped the stuff they never wanted to warranty. You take a KAL or SK wrench, socket, or ratchet and the only difference is the name stamp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version