Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 683853 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2550 on: June 16, 2022, 10:31:48 AM »
Glad it didn't fight you too bad

Offline john k

« Reply #2551 on: June 16, 2022, 01:03:25 PM »
Got the 87 f-250 back to the owner, could easily put 1k$ into it.  Tues. went to get the mower, took a bit, sunk deeper in the ground than anticipated.  The single rear tire actually holds air, been sitting flat, maybe 12 years.  Trip home was only 5 miles, but with the hills, 90 degree heat, I realized that its been years since I did field work, and been having birthdays regularly.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 01:27:41 PM by john k »

Offline mdlbldrmatt135

« Reply #2552 on: June 16, 2022, 01:21:26 PM »
Ok, so after jacking up my side trying to return my table saw to its proper upright position after an upgrade....  A stop in Buffalo yesterday, to pick up some baltic birch plywood, I have the full upgrade done.  I added a drawer inside the top drawer, to keep my sawblades laying flat, and utilize the full height of the drawer.  I added some neodymium magnets to the front to keep the inner drawer closed, and a handle for leverage against said magnets.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2553 on: June 17, 2022, 04:09:52 AM »
Spent most of the day on site at the two different stages of the road safety project I'm looking after (widening to provide decent shoulders, barriers and wide centreline). At one location where the contractor has cut into the bank for the widening it has left a big old 'grandfather' pine tree at the top that needs to come out. They can't just fell it away from the road as it may get held up in some other similar pines, so the arborists climbed it today to remove the limbs before they cut the main trunk down.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OiBCd9H3kX0
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 04:16:04 AM by Rural53 »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2554 on: June 17, 2022, 08:07:50 AM »
Ok, so after jacking up my side trying to return my table saw to its proper upright position after an upgrade....  A stop in Buffalo yesterday, to pick up some baltic birch plywood, I have the full upgrade done.  I added a drawer inside the top drawer, to keep my sawblades laying flat, and utilize the full height of the drawer.  I added some neodymium magnets to the front to keep the inner drawer closed, and a handle for leverage against said magnets.

Very nice work. I like that design very much.  --- thanks for posting

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2555 on: June 17, 2022, 08:30:29 AM »

Very nice work. I like that design very much.  --- thanks for posting

Like the drawer in a drawer design also, very cleaver

Offline muddy

« Reply #2556 on: June 18, 2022, 08:30:17 PM »
Been awhile since I was at a tractor pull. Went to the local fair one today. Got a 1st and 4th in my classes.

chops diner wrightsboro nc menu

restaurants in wilmington nc that deliver

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Midnitemack

« Reply #2557 on: June 18, 2022, 08:35:07 PM »
Been awhile since I was at a tractor pull. Went to the local fair one today. Got a 1st and 4th in my classes.

Got something on my Facebook feed yesterday , time flies ….. it’s 8 years ago that we went to the Tractor Pull at The Buck with you and Mandy after the GTG at Phil’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2558 on: June 19, 2022, 03:16:45 PM »
Mudman is action :08:
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2559 on: June 19, 2022, 06:19:02 PM »
Excellent Tim! Happy Father's Day, and hope you had a ball with the kids.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2560 on: June 19, 2022, 10:03:19 PM »
spent the day in the crawlspace of my house. Finally getting around to finishing up the pex install. All that was left was the laundry room and water heater but it fought me all the way. Didn't get the water back on until 2000. Sore as hell but at least we got a hot shower.

I'm getting too old for this nonsense.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2561 on: June 20, 2022, 07:33:18 AM »
spent the day in the crawlspace of my house. Finally getting around to finishing up the pex install. All that was left was the laundry room and water heater but it fought me all the way. Didn't get the water back on until 2000. Sore as hell but at least we got a hot shower.

I'm getting too old for this nonsense.

Good job doing all that work in a cramped space. I feel your pain because at some point my body told me that the time has come to stop doing these kinds of jobs. Last one I did was in the attic at our former house. After a day all hunched over and in very high heat to boot, I couldn't move upright for three days -- LOL

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2562 on: June 20, 2022, 09:27:08 AM »
+2 Trimming a small tree, or doing some work on the roof gets me. Up and down a ladder a dozen times painting, trim repair, and evap cooler work makes me sore for 2 days.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2563 on: June 20, 2022, 09:51:37 AM »
Tested positive this morning so i`ll be slothing all week.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2564 on: June 20, 2022, 11:16:15 AM »
Wish you a quick recovery Jabber, and hope/pray it's just a nuisance.