Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 686012 times)

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2595 on: August 27, 2022, 09:36:34 AM »
Looks like you had a good time with your friends. --- Love that cake desert; brilliant!

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2596 on: August 27, 2022, 09:41:18 AM »
Getting ready for an offshore fishing trip down in NC. I've only been deep sea fishing once in my life and am looking forward to this. Hopefully I won't get sea sick, but taking some Dramamine with me -- just in case.

Here's hoping the fish are biting -- LOL

Offline muddy

« Reply #2597 on: August 28, 2022, 08:21:05 PM »
Getting ready for an offshore fishing trip down in NC. I've only been deep sea fishing once in my life and am looking forward to this. Hopefully I won't get sea sick, but taking some Dramamine with me -- just in case.

Here's hoping the fish are biting -- LOL
Have fun, good luck on the water!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2598 on: September 04, 2022, 07:41:15 AM »
Yesterday I met up with the Ultra4 guys who are running an event in a couple of weeks and are using the pits at our track as a base, with the course spread across our track and the 4wd club's area that is adjacent to us. I finally got to have a (short) ride in Mike, the 4wd club president's 42" tyred trials truck.

Another club trials truck.

The Ultra4 guys were running around in an ex-offroad racing RZR.

The car club were setting up for a rally sprint as I left.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 08:25:31 AM by Rural53 »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2599 on: September 04, 2022, 11:43:06 AM »
Those trials trucks look like fun. 42in tires take some gearing and HP to make them go. what kind of motor they running?

Its good to see folks still making the motorsports things work there. We have a hard time keeping an oval dirt track running. We have a really good promoter at the moment and he's bringing in some pretty decent touring classes. He's also promoting another track in Corpus so he stays pretty busy. The ever increasing costs and regulations are slowly shutting these down across the nation.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2600 on: September 05, 2022, 02:27:52 AM »
Those trials trucks look like fun. 42in tires take some gearing and HP to make them go. what kind of motor they running?

Its good to see folks still making the motorsports things work there. We have a hard time keeping an oval dirt track running. We have a really good promoter at the moment and he's bringing in some pretty decent touring classes. He's also promoting another track in Corpus so he stays pretty busy. The ever increasing costs and regulations are slowly shutting these down across the nation.

It runs a 4.0l Lexus (Toyota) V8 with the Lexus auto, converted to manual shift, and a Landcruiser transfer case and axles, 60 Series I think. Yes it will have a gear reduction in the transfer case.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2601 on: September 07, 2022, 01:28:49 AM »
Busy day today starting with a site induction with the contractor on the next stage of the safety project where we are going to replace this T junction that has a high crash rate with a roundabout.

Then a walk in the bush with the archaeologist on the section of work we are going onto next.

Then looked at some holes in the ground.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 01:38:46 AM by Rural53 »

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2602 on: September 07, 2022, 08:52:38 AM »
Then looked at some holes in the ground :))

That just struck me as funny

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2603 on: September 07, 2022, 09:50:35 AM »
Have to get four new tires mounted on my daughter's Highlander. Got a great deal on four tires from Walmart online, but they screwed up the shipping -- twice!!!. It took almost three weeks to get four lousy tires delivered. Granted, it wasn't all Walmart's fault, (FedEX has a huge problem as well) but dealing with Walmart customer service is downright painful and worthless. The Indian customer service center is a complete joke. That said, I saved about 45% on tires compared to other online dealers. If you have the time to wait and work through with some hassles, Walmart has damn good tire pricing.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2604 on: September 08, 2022, 06:01:39 PM »
Pretty cool visitors! For the past few weeks, this group of four young deer show up daily on our lawn between 6:00 and 7:00PM and graze. My wife and I usually have a drink and enjoy the evening and these guys really don't pay us a mind.

After an hour or so they move on to graze at the neighbors, but will come back at around 11:00PM and bed down for the night on our lawn. Next morning they graze for a while and by 7:00AM they move on again. This routine has been happening for the last two months.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 06:06:38 PM by goodfellow »

Offline muddy

« Reply #2605 on: September 08, 2022, 07:41:19 PM »
Been seeing a lot of does with two fawns around here. Definitely think the population is on the uptick.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2606 on: September 08, 2022, 08:11:49 PM »
Been seeing a lot of does with two fawns around here. Definitely think the population is on the uptick.

Yes, initially it was two does and each had two fawns. It seems that the doe with the older fawns abandoned them (or was killed/hurt), and they started hanging tight with the other doe and her younger two fawns. Since the beginning of August it's been those same five deer almost every day. Sometimes they have friends along, but that happens only sporadically.

Last Saturday morning I got up to make breakfast and we had eight/nine deer just hangin' in the yard for most of the morning. I went outside on the deck and drank my morning coffee and smoked a cigar while they just did their thing. They literally couldn't have cared less that I was there -- LOL

Offline Chuck Farley

« Reply #2607 on: September 12, 2022, 12:53:25 AM »
Took my little travel trailer to be detailed so I can list it for sale :)

Offline john k

« Reply #2608 on: September 12, 2022, 09:13:22 AM »
Did 3 days of blacksmithing, home last night.  Was at a historuc farm site,  all 14 of the original buildings still there, which includes a blacksmith shop.  Not a usual thing on a farm, but this was laid out well, and was a working business for some years.  The forge, anvil, power hammer, and a lathe with 6 ft bed are in place, and are run.  Had a good time, tiring but fun.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2609 on: September 15, 2022, 10:22:09 PM »
Did pad and rotors on the minivan this evening