Author Topic: Some bike projects  (Read 12415 times)

Offline strik9

• X
Re: Some bike projects
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2020, 07:25:17 PM »
It was finished with the last cables today and I started loading it.  Eight big bags of PET plastic on it now and it can take four more. 

Twelve bags of about 8 kilos each, and that crap sells at about 4 pesos a kilo.
Makes it worth the trip to the recycler.  Get some smaller sacks of  good metals and its a good payday.
My BIL is happy to help me with this project.  He can use the income more than me.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2020, 08:16:26 PM »
Sweet ride!

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2020, 09:56:14 PM »
Thanks OnS.  I do make efforts to get the most out of even bent frames like that one.

Another minor improvement, the wimpy rear rack got changed for one that can take the big trailer.  I made it rather on the rigid side like the last one to take the big trailer.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 10:00:37 PM by strik9 »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2020, 10:04:12 PM »
If you start a heavy hauling service you will end up with monster calves. :hee20hee20hee:

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2020, 10:30:36 PM »
We mostly scrap stuff for beer money.  PET plastic and all metals we can.    My bil and myself need a retirement plan and scrapping is our  best shot.    Being able to move a lot in one shot is key to getting paid.

He has two bikes prepped to pull the trailers himself, we are creating the fleet now.   He is making a small trailer for general use, someday.  He has all the bits anyway. 

When prices are good even tin can be a day's pay on a bike haul.  Throw in alu, copper and brass and its really good.  Don't pay gas and its all profit.