General Category > PHOTOS OF GENERAL INTEREST (NOT TOOLS OR SHOP RELATED)

Rural53's Off Topic and Interesting Photos Thread

<< < (2/57) > >>

Rural53:

--- Quote from: john k on August 21, 2018, 12:34:02 PM ---Looks a lot like a C series Ford cab, tilts forward for service.   Quite a load there,  probably steered easy that way!

--- End quote ---

Yes, cab tilted forward. Only six miles from the sawmill to home.

--- Quote from: Uncle Buck on August 21, 2018, 01:28:25 PM ---If you were only 4 in the photo I am guessing you are a big boy now, I mean as in physically a big man.

--- End quote ---

Stopped growing at 6'. I was beanpole shape until I went to university and discovered beer. Now ... "round is a shape right?"

--- Quote from: DeadNutz on August 21, 2018, 10:40:06 PM ---Not much taller than the tire. I bet that fresh sawn lumber smelled good. How straight does lumber that species of tree stay after it dries?

--- End quote ---

It stays very straight after drying. 90% of timber used in NZ is pine. It doesn't really smell by the time it is dried. Freshly milled it smells pine-y.

Rural53:
Some marketing photos taken for our stormwater designers this weekend.

Big stormwater wetland/pond we designed (10 acres). Two inlets with big rock filters before flowing into the main pond with islands before flowing out to the harbour. The islands are linked by pedestrian bridges and the walkway, open to the public, is about a third of a mile circuit.

Rural53:
1. Rock lined stormwater swale
2. Stormwater treatment pond from another job
3. Roadside "wet" stormwater treatment swale planted in various wetland species
4. Art work from one of our projects a couple of years ago. It represents a Spinifex, a coastal grass, seed pod that blows along the beach to spread. We weren't involved in the design of this one

J.A.F.E.:
I've missed your pix.

Rural53:
1. & 2. Drain widening and landscaping through local golf course

I then went and took some photos down at the Mount Main Beach

3. Main Beach with Mt Maunganui in the background

4. Surfer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version