Author Topic: Dow Futures up 1484 points  (Read 2161 times)

Offline RustFarmer

Dow Futures up 1484 points
« on: November 09, 2020, 06:03:56 AM »
The market thinks the combination of Sleepy Joe and a Republican Senate will stay out of their way.

And we have a 90 percent effective vaccine.

Offline fatfillup

Re: Dow Futures up 1484 points
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 11:14:45 AM »
Yes, the stock market likes gridlock for sure over uncertainty.  I don't mind it myself :))

Trump was very good for the economy though and if he was reelected, I think stocks would have continued to do well.

My fear is the stock market is overpriced and a correction is in the future.  Low interest rates will protect it as where else can you get a decent return on your money.

Hadn't heard about the vaccine but if it works, then the economy will soar again as savings are at an all time high I believe and folks will be spending if they feel safe.

Offline walrus

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 12:31:51 PM »
Yes, the stock market likes gridlock for sure over uncertainty.  I don't mind it myself :))

Trump was very good for the economy though and if he was reelected, I think stocks would have continued to do well.

My fear is the stock market is overpriced and a correction is in the future.  Low interest rates will protect it as where else can you get a decent return on your money.

Hadn't heard about the vaccine but if it works, then the economy will soar again as savings are at an all time high I believe and folks will be spending if they feel safe.
Its supposedly 90% effective.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 01:13:22 PM »
Yeah and 10% poison. I wouldn't take that junk.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 01:26:48 PM »
Yea I don't get that. I have taken plenty of vaccines. Why should this one be any different?
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innate_immune_system

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_immune_system

Children have an excellent Innate immune system.  As we age, the Innate immune system shuts down (why old people get cancer), and the Adaptive immune system does the fighting.  One problem.  The Adaptive immune system doesn't work so well against something it hasn't seen before.

Everyone dies sooner or later.  As we age, medical decisions become a trade-off.  Benefit of treatment vs risk of side effects (chemotherapy).  Like it or not, you are playing the odds.

Bonneyman - your best bet is to get the vaccine.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 05:11:55 PM »
I had vaccinations as a kid, but I don't take anything now. I wouldn't trust the government to protect the doghouse, much less my body.

They don't freaking know. Just listening to Fauci (and the other "experts") flip-flop back and forth. Masks and social distancing are required, and no going out to sports events. Then that jacko gets the whole stadium to himself and some friends, sitting right next to each other laughing away with no mask! And I'm gonna trust my body to them?

That HPV vaccine that prevents cervical cancer - in most cases. "There's no way to know beforehand who will get it - but we have a drug, just to be safe". And they say boys should take it, too.  :o   Last time I checked, males don't have a cervix. (Though admittedly in today's culture, it seems like alot of men do!) And then some states have made it mandatory on kids as young as 12? Sorry charlie, I don't buy it.
And with the maddening rush that's going on with the COVID vaccine. They gotta be short-cutting somewhere to push that thing thru. And they gave immunity to the drug companies so no one can sue them if the vaccine causes injury? Smells pretty fishy to me.

Then again, I am invested in the stock market, like that's secure! lol   Rant over.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 08:22:38 PM »
I think the Congress and Senate should be the first recipients of the new vaccine. You know, set a good example for the rest of the country.