Author Topic: Dewalt Ratcheting T Handle set DWHT70265 Mods?  (Read 2115 times)

Offline MDUPEIV

Dewalt Ratcheting T Handle set DWHT70265 Mods?
« on: May 13, 2021, 09:20:11 AM »
Hey guys first post so I may be in the wrong area entirely so my bad. I have just been enjoying this 31 pc Dewalt set immensely the only draw backs are the plastic bit storage racks inside have broken and are constantly popping out of the case for me. I was wondering if any one else here owns this set (part # DWHT70265) and if they have found better bit racks to put in it or maybe 3D printed something for it? Or really any other modifications for it at all. I've considered placing the set in a different case entirely like the Dewalt Tough case (Part # DWAN2190) Thanks for any suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Dewalt Ratcheting T Handle set DWHT70265 Mods?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 09:41:03 AM »
Welcome! I have a similar set that was made in Taiwan some years ago, and the handle and bit slots were broken due to usage and age. As a consequence many bits just rattled around in the case. My solution was to cut a piece of 3/4" foam to match the internal case dimension and sandwich it between the two halves. It now wedges the bits into their respective slots and no more rattling.

At first the case was a bit hard to close, but after the foam had compressed and molded itself to the internal case dimensions the case closes easily and my tools stay in place.

Good luck!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 09:42:40 AM by goodfellow »

Offline MDUPEIV

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 10:55:45 AM »
Welcome! I have a similar set that was made in Taiwan some years ago, and the handle and bit slots were broken due to usage and age. As a consequence many bits just rattled around in the case. My solution was to cut a piece of 3/4" foam to match the internal case dimension and sandwich it between the two halves. It now wedges the bits into their respective slots and no more rattling.

At first the case was a bit hard to close, but after the foam had compressed and molded itself to the internal case dimensions the case closes easily and my tools stay in place.

Good luck!
Never even thought of using foam when I have used it plenty times before. I should have some laying around right now too. Thanks for the quick reply and idea!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 12:15:42 PM »
I also bid you a hearty welcome.

Lots of tool knowledge here that is shared freely.

Post up often

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 03:36:22 PM »
Welcome!

I really like the Dewalt yellow hinged cases, always grab them at thrift stores and such when I find them empty. Get them really cheap. Mine are all 1/4" hex bit styles, and I've never had any problems with the black plastic holder racks being weak. In fact, just the opposite! Most times I have to fight to get a hex bit out. Maybe they're using cheaper plastic with those these days?