Author Topic: Biden Russian ammo ban  (Read 2383 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Biden Russian ammo ban
« on: August 24, 2021, 04:20:10 PM »
The Biden administration has announced a ban on the importation of Russian made ammo and firearms. They said this sanction is to punish Russia for poisoning opposition figure Navalny with a nerve agent last August. This is the best sanction they can come with? It is nothing more than an end run around the 2nd amendment.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20210822/biden-administration-bans-importation-of-russian-ammunition
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 04:21:49 PM by DeadNutz »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Biden Russian ammo ban
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 06:21:05 PM »
It's not going to work as easily as the Biden minions think. The Russians and the Chinese are masters at skirting sanctions. All they'll do is keep making ammo and primers in mother Russia and then send bulk shipments to partner companies, or wholly owned subsidiaries in former Soviet states and Serbia. There it will get packaged and labeled for export as the country of origin and shipped out to the world. Unsuspecting consumers and retailers will buy Ukrainian, Georgian, or Serbian manufactured ammo without realizing that the stuff originated from the mega-factories in Russia.

The Chinese have been practicing this charade for years -- and although the US government knows about it, they turn a blind eye. It's all about politics and absolutely not about effective sanctions.

Offline highland512

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 07:32:53 PM »
I did my part this evening and bought 80rnd of .223 made with love in Russia  :cool2:

Some of the guys I watch on youtube where saying the EO actually stated any ammo "made in russia". My guess is Tula will unbolt its machines and move them to some east block nation and continue chugging out steel made goodness. Or Im sure there are dozens of manufacturing lines sitting in under dust in the same areas. I see little affect of the EO in the long term. Suck it uncle sniffy

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 08:44:56 PM »
I can see Afganistan taking over the ammo supply business for a few years. selling off the good shit we left over there. By then the pendulum will swing back republican and the new guy can just disregard this clowns EO.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 08:14:49 PM »
Biden is a bimbo. His handlers told him to stop the importation of Russian ammo so the Russians would have more. Anything to undermine the U.S.

Though the prices won't respond well to this. Ammo that used to be had for $8 a box of 70 are sold out at $50 for the same box! Yikes!

Offline muddy

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 07:15:43 PM »
I just bought two boxes of Red Army for my .45

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman