VEHICLES > Les's Aviation

A real aviation tool

(1/3) > >>

coolmercury:
Found this item in a box lot mixed with some old screwdrivers.  It is marked and I know what it does.  No, DeadNutz don't answer right off as I figure you know what it does.  And, it is not a cut off screwdriver that someone flattened on the end.

DeadNutz:
Gee, I wonder what that could be? :017:

You should also post the cylinder wrench so people know what it looks like in case they run across one. :great:

oldnslo:
Dzus

coolmercury:
Yes, that is what it is for, used to loosen and tighten Dzus fasteners on aircraft.  These fasteners were used in inspection plates in various locations so they were easily removed and reinstalled.  The tool in the picture is marked Wright 81132.

DeadNutz:
The vintage Dzus tools are few and far between now. If I had to remove the engine cowlings or open the wing gun bay doors to get something my friend's P-51D he always handed me his NAA snoopy tool which was the proper fit for the Dzus fasteners on the Mustang. It is a sin to use the wrong shape tool and bugger up the fasteners. Since he owned the largest stock of Mustang parts in the world I asked to buy one of the original tools but he said he was sold out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version