Author Topic: Republican party makes big mistake IMO  (Read 976 times)

Offline fatfillup

Republican party makes big mistake IMO
« on: February 07, 2022, 11:49:12 AM »
I understand the Republican party is saying the protests/riots/insurrection of January 6th were an acceptable form of protest or free speech.  Regardless of where you stand on this issue, why would you make such a divisive statement that gives your opposition serious ammo to come after you with.

You gain nothing by making this statement.  Your base may like the statement, but you already have them on your side.  I can't imagine them gaining any more support by making this declaration and the Dems will run with this.

The Republicans were sitting pretty for this next election.  They have their base and need to get swing voters to have the great success that stands before them and I think they just lowered their chances

Offline bonneyman

Re: Republican party makes big mistake IMO
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 12:40:45 PM »
The GOP is great at only one thing - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 03:48:43 PM »
I’m not so sure they have their base wrapped up anymore. They’re going to have to do more than lip service to keep the base they assume they have. Between the treatment they gave Trump and the Covid response they have a lot of work ahead of them.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 06:17:16 PM »
There's one thing the Republicans can do to f/k up 2024.  Nominate Trump to run for President.  He had his time, and while I agree with most of his policies, he just could not be presidential.  If he were to win the Presidency back, which I think is very iffy, he couldn't run again in 2028 because he would've already served two terms.  So if we didn't lose in 2024, we wouldn't have the incumbency advantage in 2028.

We need to move past Trump.  He already cost us the Senate by convincing too many Republican voters in Georgia everything was rigged, and we lost two runoff elections on the same day.  Now he's convinced the loser of one of those, David Perdue, to run for governor.  Totally dumb, we have a very good governor but because he didn't let Trump pull his strings, there's a chance Stacey "gap tooth" Abrams could win.  I'm so tired of his bullshit.
boop/bop/beep

Offline walrus

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 05:39:57 AM »
I can't believe anyone would support Trump at this point.