Author Topic: Brass fittings  (Read 1647 times)

Offline bonneyman

Brass fittings
« on: April 15, 2022, 10:38:07 PM »
Stumbled upon this site while searching for fittings. Man, they have a nice selection! Can't speak to the cost or customer service, but man I'm impressed with the selection.

https://brassfittings.com/

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Brass fittings
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 05:47:08 AM »
Thanks George, that's a great link. I will give them a call and ask if they carry US manufacturers, because that Chinese stuff that I've been getting at Home Depot for my garage air drops never seems to seal very well.

Offline nelstomlinson

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 08:32:37 AM »
Goodfellow< lets know what you find out about whether they carry made-in-USA.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 10:34:19 AM »
What got my attention was their assortment of fittings for garden hoses. Garden hose thread is a weird bird, and more and more I'm trying to convert things to GHT because of the access to hose and bibbs on the sides of home.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 10:38:10 AM by bonneyman »

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 07:52:46 PM »
Another thank you for the link, love these kinds.

I'd be surprised if they carry US-made, even more, surprised if there was a US supplier. :-\

One can always hope?
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline nelstomlinson

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 11:26:10 PM »
105SC – 1/4 Steel Inverted Flare Nut
$100.00/each
They have some crazy prices.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 05:45:31 PM »
Yeah, looking at some of the prices was a shock. But I post these sites mostly for reference, because where I live the average warehouse worker doesn't know anything but what's in the computer. Trying to explain a part I need produces this "deer in the headlights" look. having a site with lots of products at least allows me to get proper terms and printed pics to show the people what I need.
Then I thought I'd be pro-active and get a job at one of these warehouses. Figured I could make a difference when people came in. Nope - applied twice and got passed over twice a year apart at the same place. Go figure.

This evap cooler drain fitting is a bit pricey ($13) compared to the OEM plastic one (i.e. about $3). But one crack and subsequent leak - especially if you don't notice it - will cost you alot more in wasted water. I always swapped out the plastic fitting for a brass one on my install jobs just to prevent "your cooler is leaking!" callbacks. Then I went a step further and installed brass pipe nipples in place of the plastic ones as well.

https://brassfittings.com/category/garden-hose-fittings/evaporator-cooler-drain/