Author Topic: Arggggh,,,,Price increases  (Read 5654 times)

Offline slip knot

Re: Arggggh,,,,Price increases
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2022, 08:50:54 PM »
I got a notice from one of my contract labs that they were going to institute a 8.5% "inflation surcharge" I wish my boss' would let me just jump in with a "inflation surcharge" ..

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2022, 02:49:29 PM »
I got a notice from one of my contract labs that they were going to institute a 8.5% "inflation surcharge" I wish my boss' would let me just jump in with a "inflation surcharge" ..

And that is going to be the problem going forward.  Wages, especially folks like you who work for .gov, are falling behind quickly compared to inflation.

That is going to hurt the folks on the low end of the wage scale the most.  I really feel for young families

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2022, 03:25:23 PM »

And that is going to be the problem going forward.  Wages, especially folks like you who work for .gov, are falling behind quickly compared to inflation.

That is going to hurt the folks on the low end of the wage scale the most.  I really feel for young families

The people the Democrats claim to represent.  Democrats get in power, take over a booming economy that's benefitted everyone, then immediately puts policies in place that make things unaffordable and hurts low income people the most. 

Ironic, huh?   :017:
boop/bop/beep

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2022, 08:43:54 AM »
Might seem ironic but it is the way of the liberal. Look what happened with obummer(into the ditch by the end of the first quarter of his term)and they like to push how great Clinton was but his policies pretty much caused the housing and s&l crashes of the early 2000s.

People have short memories and believe the crap that is shoveled at them. Sad but they get a new generation every few yrs to pedal their sad broken policies. And somehow it is eaten up.

Those who control the past control the future, and those who control the present control the past. Gotta know all this take the statue down and try to wipe the history out isn't for the good.

I point this out to all my children and their friends but I doubt it sinks in but maybe it will if I keep repeating it like the libs do with theri lies.
Rich

Offline slip knot

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2022, 05:44:20 PM »
I agree, the Democrats are very good at shoveling shit, but their constituency must like the taste because they adamantly defend those who do the shoveling.

I'm fairly independent when it comes to voting but these last few Dems have pretty much sold me. I'll never vote Democrat again, at least not while I'm alive.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2022, 06:38:45 PM »
Im exactly the same
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2022, 09:26:10 PM »
Geez, gas has gone up 40 cents a gallon over the past 3 days! And all the Bidenites can say is blame Putin and buy an electric car.

Stolen elections have consequences. :38:

Offline Rural53

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2022, 06:47:13 AM »
This is a copy of a letter posted on a New Zealand farming FB page a couple of days ago from a fertilser co-op. Some of these increases are over 25%

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2022, 08:51:14 AM »
This is a copy of a letter posted on a New Zealand farming FB page a couple of days ago from a fertilser co-op. Some of these increases are over 25%

Same type of correspondence is going out to local coops across my part of Virginia. I'm also told that the availability of DEF (Diesel emissions urea fluid) is going sky-high and is not even available in some parts of the state anymore. Diesel vehicles with computer controls can't operate if the systems sense that DEF is low, or on empty. Folks on the internet are posting all types of "hacks" to get around the DEF problem.

Offline highland512

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2022, 04:43:35 PM »

Same type of correspondence is going out to local coops across my part of Virginia. I'm also told that the availability of DEF (Diesel emissions urea fluid) is going sky-high and is not even available in some parts of the state anymore. Diesel vehicles with computer controls can't operate if the systems sense that DEF is low, or on empty. Folks on the internet are posting all types of "hacks" to get around the DEF problem.

This is one of several reasons why the used equipment pre DEF is bringing a very high premium now.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2022, 05:21:59 PM »
I never heard about this DEF until about a month ago. Sounded like a special lubricant for low sulfur diesel motors. Don't know anybody with farm equipment so I'm only got internet sources to go on.

But if such motors won't work without the stuff then that sounds like a "key" the powers that be put into farming so they could trigger it at some future point and freeze operations. Maybe I'm jumping to a conclusion?

Offline highland512

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2022, 06:48:45 PM »
I never heard about this DEF until about a month ago. Sounded like a special lubricant for low sulfur diesel motors. Don't know anybody with farm equipment so I'm only got internet sources to go on.

But if such motors won't work without the stuff then that sounds like a "key" the powers that be put into farming so they could trigger it at some future point and freeze operations. Maybe I'm jumping to a conclusion?

Its not just agriculture engines. Its all classes of diesel trucks, construction equipment, trains, and even stationary engines. I dont think it's some grand collusion but more like a bunch of do gooders got into power starting around early 2000's and drove this unrealistic emissions crap down engine manufactures throats. The engines we have now are less efficient, less reliable, and when they brake down hold onto your wallet with both hands. Just the exhaust filter for a newer ford powerstroke is more than $10,000........if you can find one.

You would not believe how many times I have had to nearly stop a whole crew on a construction site while we waited on a machine to re-gen the exhaust system. But boyhowdy that exhaust sure is cleaner while the machine burns about 12% more fuel a day than an identical model thats 3 years older...aint progress great. 

Offline slip knot

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2022, 08:57:42 PM »
I've got a 1.3MW generator at one of my facilities. Think essential services here like water and sewer services. its got a 4000gallon fuel cell and a 250 gallon DEF cell. Seems that DEF goes bad if it gets too hot. South Texas gets damned hot in the summer. So every year we got to drain the DEF out and replace it with fresh...
Most Muni generators are exempt from DEF requirements unless you want to grid tie so you can feed back into the grid. But then its no longer muni.. :41: :41:

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2022, 09:20:55 PM »

Its not just agriculture engines. Its all classes of diesel trucks, construction equipment, trains, and even stationary engines. I dont think it's some grand collusion but more like a bunch of do gooders got into power starting around early 2000's and drove this unrealistic emissions crap down engine manufactures throats. The engines we have now are less efficient, less reliable, and when they brake down hold onto your wallet with both hands. Just the exhaust filter for a newer ford powerstroke is more than $10,000........if you can find one.

You would not believe how many times I have had to nearly stop a whole crew on a construction site while we waited on a machine to re-gen the exhaust system. But boyhowdy that exhaust sure is cleaner while the machine burns about 12% more fuel a day than an identical model thats 3 years older...aint progress great.

So it's not a farming thing? My BIL drives a delivery truck with a diesel - I'll have to ask him if he has that stuff in his truck.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2022, 08:18:20 AM »
The problem with environmental regulation is they pass the laws with no clear solution in place forcing manufacturers to meet the laws regardless. 

Over time, things get figured out but the interim is terrible for the consumers because they are forced to use technology that is not proven and most times, fraught with problems.

Look at car manufacturers. In the 70's, meeting emissions about killed the US companies (quality issues and complacency also) but over time they got it figured out, but at a high cost to workers and consumers.  Now they have gas engines making stupid power, good economy and longevity.  And much cleaner air.  In the end, it was a win, just a terrible path to get there.  Diesels will follow suit I imagine.  I know they have gotten better, not hearing as many problems from trucking companies like I used to, though still too expensive to maintain. 

I personally would support government subsidizing research to find workable solutions to environmental problems before rules are put into effect.