Author Topic: Arggggh,,,,Price increases  (Read 5657 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
Re: Arggggh,,,,Price increases
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2022, 05:16:58 PM »
I am not sure on the def shortage. I picked up two pallets of the stuff yesterday and the guy there said they have plenty. Included is a pic of the warehouse and shelves full of the stuff. I guess it could turn into a shortage of everyone runs out and buys some. Just like the toilet paper and the he baby formula.

Rich

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2022, 11:10:24 PM »
OK, got some clarification from my SIL. Her husband's personal truck uses the DEF stuff. It's a pollution control additive that gets injected into the exhaust system to reduce emissions. (His truck tells him when he needs to add some usually a gallon or two). It doesn't get mixed with the diesel. It goes in a separate tank in his truck, and he gets it from a separate nozzle at certain truck stops. Like 72% de-ionized water and the rest is urea.
Apparently there's alot of people trying to find a work-around for it, as having your truck or tractor be idle because you can't reduce emissions sounds jack.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 08:21:21 AM by bonneyman »

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2022, 10:12:41 AM »
Yes, the def is a separate tank. Many "delete" this and other emissions equipment just like many have with the gasser emissions stuff.
My pickup doesn't seem to use all that much of the def, but I don't drive very far and pile on the mileage. I've bought it once in the yr I've had a he truck and it was bought at the pump at a truck stop. I want to say it was about. $3-4/ gallon but this was last summer and I think I only bought 3 or 4 gallons of the stuff.
My pickup gets a hand figured 16 or so mpg as opposed to the dash/computer calculated 18-19 mpg. Better than the 9-12 mpg I was getting from the BBC powered suburban I was driving. I did like the 40 gallon tank on the suburban. This ram could of had a fifty gallon tank but requires a long bed for it to come from the factory like that. My buddy with his 6.4L hemi gasser and 50 gallon tank sez it is painful to fill it up when pulling his fifth wheel.

Either way, I'm more worried about all these food type places that seem to be catching fire. Seems awful nefarious to me.
Rich

Offline slip knot

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2022, 10:10:35 PM »
Either way, I'm more worried about all these food type places that seem to be catching fire. Seems awful nefarious to me.

The I&C contractor who built my last facility went on to a food line in Dallas area after us. There is nothing nefarious there. Incompetency would be closer to the truth.

Offline highland512

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2022, 07:40:12 AM »

The I&C contractor who built my last facility went on to a food line in Dallas area after us. There is nothing nefarious there. Incompetency would be closer to the truth.
Nefarious indeed. All I know is we have the biggest garden we have ever put out and I picked up 3 more flats of canning jars.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2022, 09:22:58 AM »

Nefarious indeed. All I know is we have the biggest garden we have ever put out and I picked up 3 more flats of canning jars.

Shoot - I was just thinking about canning jars this past weekend! And enclosing my Arizona room, so I can grow during the winter as we usually don't go below freezing much.

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2022, 08:40:02 AM »
https://www.operanewsapp.com/us/en/share/detail?news_id=1fcd05edcfea11edbe1bf4db3610b736&news_entry_id=4a55d5a3220621en_us&open_type=transcoded&request_id=PUSH_d12fe409-ac8d-437d-9ca1-9ef95ed29c4f&from=opera_push

The working class is getting crushed and this POTUS is cracking jokes about the head of an oil company. Red wave and muzzle this admin in the fall.
Rich

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2022, 10:05:25 AM »
I like the fact that the oil industry is proposing a real long term plan for  sustainable energy availability.

It is written from the energy companies' perspective so it may be self serving but it is a beginning, a framework to work from.

Unfortunately, the climate change people refuse to realize that oil, coal and natural gas are necessary to maintain our standard of living for quite a while and won't include them in any type of planning going forward. 

We need a comprehensive plan that will look at energy needs for the next 25+ years that factors in realistic goals of renewable energy and how much fossil fuel we will need and figure out how we can get there without gutting an industry and ruining folks lives in the process.

Suppose we need to factor in nuclear engery also and any other energy source.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2022, 10:37:57 AM »

We need a comprehensive plan that will look at energy needs for the next 25+ years that factors in realistic goals of renewable energy and how much fossil fuel we will need and figure out how we can get there without gutting an industry and ruinig folks lives in the process.

Suppose we need to factor in nuclear engery also and any other energy source.

Good point Phil! A 25 year plan that included nuclear and sustainable energy was supposed to be why the US Dept. of Energy was created by Pres. Carter. Almost 50 years later we still don't have a comprehensive national energy policy in place. The DC crowd just created a new bureaucracy that (like all government agencies) got larger as time went by and produced very little in return.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2022, 12:26:33 PM »
Ray, you are all to correct on the growing bureaucracy with nothing in return.  Man that is  depressing

Offline walrus

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2022, 05:12:15 AM »
You think they care about your standard of living?