Author Topic: They better learn some rain dances...  (Read 1418 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
They better learn some rain dances...
« on: June 16, 2022, 11:45:51 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/moment-of-reckoning-federal-official-warns-of-colorado-river-water-supply-cuts-171955277.html

These are the people where a group opposed and voted down a water desalination plant. I guess they didn't understand that without water, most life ceases.

And on top of that not enough to run it through to generate electricity. How will those ev vehicles get recharged then?

They sure have some short sighted planning.
Rich

Offline highland512

Re: They better learn some rain dances...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 03:32:26 PM »
They wont do rain dances either.........culture appropriation in all  :))

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 08:27:46 AM »
Yeah, when i read they denied the building of the desalination plants, it made no sense to me.  IIRC, the fear was making the ocean too salty by putting the waste water back into the ocean and possibly upsetting the ecology.  Got to have water, so I hope they have a plan B

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 05:22:33 PM »
The Greenies are clueless. They dont know how things work they just rant about stuff they dont like.

For example, Texas is booming, our population is growing at a pretty fast rate, but the only electrical generation being approved is renewable or small quick fire plants like the little 1.3MW genset at one of my facilities. ERCOT, who controls the power grid in Texas was crying about an urgent need for power yesterday. I got several emails wanting to know why we weren't online and delivering power to the grid. We were offline due to a upgrade tie in going on that lasted for 11+ hours.

I hate to know what they charge for the power when they need us to come online when Diesel fuel is $5/gallon. That cost gets passed on to the consumer. :-\

Offline muddy

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 08:13:37 PM »

The Greenies are clueless. They dont know how things work they just rant about stuff they dont like.

This is very true for farming.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 08:35:22 PM »

This is very true for farming.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Heck, some young people these days have no clue that the "red meat" they eat comes from beef cattle. They can't make the connection between a farm and the supermarket.

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2022, 10:45:46 AM »

I'm feeling like there are going to be a lot of people in Cali and surrounding without water and electricity.
Rich

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2022, 03:23:39 PM »

I'm feeling like there are going to be a lot of people in Cali and surrounding without water and electricity.

Yep, I'm one of 'em!

Ever since Tucson water determined that our using ground water was dropping the aquifer - and sold us down the river on the CAP water canal - our water destiny has been tied to the Colorado River and Lake Mead. With it running low we're in danger of serious water restrictions - if not outright cut-offs - because we're at the end of the line. And we can't go back to groundwater as the infrastructure has been removed or is beyond repair.

And all the officials and politicians who lied about the rivers sustainability have long since died or moved on with their windfalls.  :38: