Author Topic: Diesel motor oil shortage  (Read 782 times)

Offline bonneyman

Diesel motor oil shortage
« on: June 23, 2022, 03:53:20 PM »
Just read two days ago about a crisis with motor oil for diesel engines. Apparently the chemicals needed to make the additive package are out of stock. The current stockpiles of motor oil will be exhausted within 4 to 8 weeks, and could be out for the rest of the year. Grocery trucks, fire trucks, trains, farm equipment - the list of diesel motor uses is almost endless. So if you use diesel motor oil you'd better grab some while it's still available.

Mainstream media is silent on this crisis, only heard about it on alternative media. But it could bring the country down.

https://www.brighteon.com/4938fb56-a9e2-4dda-8fe8-c43945a3b070

Offline slip knot

Re: Diesel motor oil shortage
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 08:12:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure a missed oil change isn't gonna be the death of the country. You should see the gypsy fleet rolling sea cans out of Houston. I bet most of them never see an oil change. Shoot most of them never even get stickered up properly. just a DOT # written on cardboard and taped to the door.  :lol_hitting: 18 different brand/sized tires and a driver who may or may not understand english. But they can stop at every truck stop to wash their feet in the bathroom sink...

Offline walrus

Re: Diesel motor oil shortage
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 05:09:39 AM »
One major gas pump manufacturer was unable to ship pumps with card readers because of 10 cent parts they couldn't get from I assume China?  Back orders from last year are supposed to ship this month. Who knows how many they get out before whatever inventory they did get runs out. Supply chain is screwed.