Author Topic: Looking for a source of small springs  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Fatty_McButterpants

Looking for a source of small springs
« on: June 24, 2022, 06:20:39 PM »
Small is a relative term. The spring I’m looking for at the moment needs to be a coil type compression spring that will fit over a 1/2” rod and needs to be 1-1/2” to 1-3/4” long. I bought one off Amazon but it turned out to be 1/2 OD and I need 1/2” ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
Re: Looking for a source of small springs
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 06:54:19 PM »
I just dug through my box of random spring and only had 3 that fit reasonably over a 1/2 rod, all of which were grossly outside your other dimensions.

Mcmaster has the best search function for things like this. You can sometimes narrow an item down in their search, then find it elsewhere (amazon or ebay) if you don't want to pay their 2nd day shipping charge. https://www.mcmaster.com/springs/spring-type~compression/length~1-3-4/length~1-5-8/length~1-1-2/id~1-2/id~0-502/id~0-507/id~0-51/id~0-516/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 06:56:11 PM by gtermini »

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 07:24:02 PM »
Got an Ace Hdwre near you? Gaggles of springs, usually displayed on a board, and located in bins.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 08:53:06 PM »
McMaster Carr.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 09:24:13 AM »
Got an Ace Hdwre near you? Gaggles of springs, usually displayed on a board, and located in bins.
It’s 35 min away. I’ll go if I can’t find it elsewhere. Thanks for the suggestion.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 09:26:08 AM »
Here's a couple amazon options, both metric, but within your criteria.
That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Love me some Amazon. Since they’re close to the same price, I’ll buy the 10 pack.

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 09:28:13 AM »
I just dug through my box of random spring and only had 3 that fit reasonably over a 1/2 rod, all of which were grossly outside your other dimensions.

Mcmaster has the best search function for things like this. You can sometimes narrow an item down in their search, then find it elsewhere (amazon or ebay) if you don't want to pay their 2nd day shipping charge.

McMaster Carr.

Thanks for the info.