Author Topic: Reading some good stuff from the Suprem Court, & note worthy  (Read 2537 times)

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
Have a look there is some hope in the present nightmare we find ourselves surviving, unable to assign the word living in.

https://thepatriotjournal.com/supreme-court-biden-white-house

Some should kiss the Trump ring, he did a lot.  And you miss him unless just stupid and that can not be fixed. 

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Reading some good stuff from the Suprem Court, & note worthy
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 07:31:07 AM »
It's a start, but only a start. Many federal agencies need to be trimmed or disbanded. The bureaucratic federal state needs to be much smaller, and the government unions that now control those bureaucracies need to be eliminated.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 09:48:02 AM »
Putting Trump forth as the nominee again will be a mistake.  Way too much baggage and negatives in the minds of voters.  Plus, even if he won, he couldn't run again in '28 because he would've served two terms at that point.

Ron DeSantis is the obvious choice, and will wipe the floor with any Democrat he faces.  You get the same Trump policies and a ton less drama.
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 10:05:32 AM »
Putting Trump forth as the nominee again will be a mistake.  Way too much baggage and negatives in the minds of voters.  Plus, even if he won, he couldn't run again in '28 because he would've served two terms at that point.

Ron DeSantis is the obvious choice, and will wipe the floor with any Democrat he faces.  You get the same Trump policies and a ton less drama.

I doubt DeSantis will run for the Presidency. He may consider a VP slot if the terms are right, but in the end it will be up to Pres. Trump to decide the fate of the Republican Party.

What I'm guessing is that out of all the billions of US dollars that are funding the Ukrainian war effort, a sizeable percentage of that money is coming back through the back door to Democrat and RINO coffers to rig the '22 and '24 election cycles. Foreign aid (whether military or humanitarian) is a perfect "black hole" that launders money for the elites in government.

Ukraine was a failing state before the invasion. It had no accountability and/or protocols in place that would allow for the rule of law to flourish. Hence it was the perfect place to setup clandestine operations for any number of shadowy western agencies and their bankers.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 10:09:16 AM by goodfellow »

• Ran when parked
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 11:33:17 AM »
Ray, why do you think DeSantis wouldn't want to run for President?
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 11:40:15 AM »
Trumps greatest achievements were his Supreme Court nominees without question IMO.

I also hope he doesn't run or isn't nominated for 2024.  I too think he has too much baggage and will face an uphill battle.  One good thing for any conservative running is economy and inflation.  That gives them a leg up this cycle.

As to trimming back big government, I don't see that happening. Sadly, I don't think we will have fundamental changes until we collapse completely and rebuild from the ground up.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 11:43:22 AM »

The BIG gorilla in the room is Trump. Without his endorsement DeSantis can't win in 2024 -- that's my opinion. Knowing Trump's ego and history, he won't let another chance for the presidency pass him by. He knows that if he wins, he will go down in history as the ultimate "come back kid", (comparisons with Teddy Roosevelt will abound) and that he thwarted his enemies at every turn. That means everything to a guy like Pres. Trump -- it means vindication.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 01:14:44 PM »

The BIG gorilla in the room is Trump. Without his endorsement DeSantis can't win in 2024 -- that's my opinion. Knowing Trump's ego and history, he won't let another chance for the presidency pass him by. He knows that if he wins, he will go down in history as the ultimate "come back kid", (comparisons with Teddy Roosevelt will abound) and that he thwarted his enemies at every turn. That means everything to a guy like Pres. Trump -- it means vindication.

Agreed on Trump's ego, disagree with DeSantis chances.  I think there's a window when you can run for president and not only have a reasonable chance of winning, but first getting your own party's nomination.  If you want it, you need to grab it while you can.  I don't think Trump's endorsement will make or break DeSantis, if anything I think it will be negligible.  And I don't see him settling for a VP slot under such an unstable person.

Trump has used up his chances IMO.  For example, I really think he handled the Covid crisis fairly well overall, but he said so many dumb things while it was going on that it obscured the job he did.  A lot of people preferred Trump's policies to Biden's overall, but people had so much Trump fatigue that they either voted for Biden or just didn't vote for president at all rather than vote for Trump.  If Trump couldn't beat Biden in 2020 while he was campaigning from his basement, with as poor a job as Biden has done there's no guarantee he'll beat him in '24.

We can't take the chance on Trump again.  This one is too important.  If DeSantis and Trump both run, I'm betting we'll see something like what we saw on the Democrat side in 2008.  Hillary was the frontrunner and it was looked upon as the nomination was her birthright, but once Obama started getting some momentum the old guard Democrats who thought they were stuck with her dropped her like a hot potato for the emperor with no clothes. 

The worst thing in the world is unpredictability, and nobody wants to go through four more years of Trump drama when they can get policies just as good with a sane candidate.
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 04:15:46 PM »

nobody wants to go through four more years of Trump drama when they can get policies just as good with a sane candidate.

This is me up one side and down the other.  I will not vote for Trump in the Primary.  If he does get the nomination, I will vote for him but it won't matter because Maryland will go Dem no matter what. 

Offline slip knot

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2022, 04:47:57 PM »
I think Desantis would be a better candidate than Trump. But I dont know if Trumps ego will let him walk away. Trumps legacy will be the SC justices and how he ripped the blindfold off of many Americans eyes to just how corrupt DC is.

Offline muddy

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2022, 09:07:37 PM »
I seriously can't be a millennial.

Alot of my views line right up with all you guys.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2022, 09:18:29 AM »
says it all
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline highland512

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2022, 03:12:00 PM »
I seriously can't be a millennial.

Alot of my views line right up with all you guys.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I don't associate with the term millennial. Just cause I was born in the 80's doesn't mean I eat avocado toast and worship Obama and the D machine.

My thoughts on the '24 ticket is that Trump will be the nominee, any R that runs against him in the primary will get destroyed and they know it. My guess is will run for the nomination nearly unopposed, minus Liz Chaney who will get utterly destroyed and humiliated (and I will enjoy enjoy minuet of that). I hope Desantis will be the veep with him being the obvious choice for the 28' ticket. Don and Ron has a good ring to it.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2022, 10:02:29 AM »
My thoughts on the '24 ticket is that Trump will be the nominee, any R that runs against him in the primary will get destroyed and they know it.

I don't think so.  A lot of us are done with Trump.  That f/ker cost us both Senate seats in Georgia with his bullshit about the election.  If he possessed an ounce of self awareness he would've easily won re-election.

If he gets the nomination, I'll vote for him, but I hope he doesn't even run.
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2022, 10:28:54 AM »
My thoughts on the '24 ticket is that Trump will be the nominee, any R that runs against him in the primary will get destroyed and they know it.

I don't think so.  A lot of us are done with Trump.  That f/ker cost us both Senate seats in Georgia with his bullshit about the election.  If he possessed an ounce of self awareness he would've easily won re-election.

If he gets the nomination, I'll vote for him, but I hope he doesn't even run.

Have you read his book (Art of the Deal) Galaxie? Most of the things you need to know about the man and his personality/ego are laid out very well. He will not go quietly into retirement -- LOL.

My sincere hope is that he learned his lessons and has used the time since 2020 to build a political machine that is powerful and savvy enough to take on the democrats in 2022 and 2024. Last time around (2016) he was forced to use the political operatives and transition advice that were provided by the RNC and the RINO DC swamp. They certainly helped set him up to fail.