VEHICLES > PROJECT CARS/TRUCKS

Goodbye old friend

(1/4) > >>

jabberwoki:
About 18 years ago i rescued this 1965 Pontiac HO 421 4 spd 2+2.
I`ve had it stored away on a container.
Well as i get older i realize that it`s time to let some of these treasures go.
I didn't want just anybody to get it, it had to be the right person with the funds and motivation to do it justice.
Luckily i found just such a bloke , even thou i choked up a wee bit im happy to see it going to get done.

I found it behind a barn , it was also in the very last issue of muscle car review.

Note to self ... keep greasy fingerprints off the lense.

Lookin4_67GalaxieConv:
I understand, Steve.  In July I sold my very first car, a '59 Impala.  I'd had it since 1988, and it needed a major restoration I wasn't prepared to get done anytime soon.  I'm hoping the person I sold her to has started.  I need to contact them sometime this fall and see what's up.

goodfellow:
I feel for you Jabber. It must have been hard to let her go. That said, being realistic about the time and effort involved in a project is all good. Achievable goals change as we get older.

coolmercury:
I know how you feel, as I'm no longer "coolmercury".  Just last week I came to the conclusion that at my age I couldn't spend the time or money doing a mechanical restoration on my 1956 Mercury Montclair.  A youngster of 50 had been after me to sell it to him for the last couple of years and I parted with it to what I believe to be a good home. 

gtermini:
Always tough to let something go. Hopefully the proceeds benefit the WY fund well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version