General Category > GENERAL DISCUSSION TO INCLUDE OFF TOPIC

What an odd Easco " socket " set

(1/4) > >>

hickory n Steel:
I just bought this NOS Easco set for cheap on Ebay ( plenty available,  about $30 if anyone is interested ),  I didn't need it because I bought a paintbrush handle version of the regular 3/8×1/4 socket set from the same dealer earlier this year, but this was just interesting and the price was right.

What do you make of this ?

It's a 3/8×1/4 combo set, but then you get a set of hex keys 2 screwdrivers and a hacksaw + 10 blades.

What would the intention be for this set ?

hickory n Steel:
I'll be interested to see if this comes in any kind of case.

The last Easco set I bought from this dealer was listed as an open box set, no case, doesn't say Easco on the ratchet or sockets just as this set is described.

It came factory sealed in the case, and of course the ratchet & sockets are all marked Easco.

wantedabiggergarage:

--- Quote from: hickory n Steel on September 23, 2022, 05:29:17 PM ---
What would the intention be for this set ?

--- End quote ---

General/starter home owner set.  With the two screwdrivers, and what else it has, pretty much just missing a hammer for the spouse kitchen drawer set.

hickory n Steel:
That crossed my mind, but then I thought there's no hammer, level, tape measure, utility knife, adjustable wrench ,and no pliers of any kind.
Those are staples of just about every homeowner's starter tool kit I've ever seen.

A homeowners starter kit is probably the most likely explanation,  but it seems like quite a poor excuse for one if it is.

wantedabiggergarage:
I expect they didn't make the other stuff that one would expect to be included.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version