VEHICLES > PROJECT CARS/TRUCKS

Wouldn't you rather have a Buick?

<< < (3/3)

TexasT:

--- Quote from: oldcarguy on September 02, 2023, 06:56:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: jabberwoki on September 02, 2023, 09:51:35 AM ---Very nice , that's a beautiful car.
Coming from a Buick guy. :93:

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the compliment.. I'd say "Ask a man that Owns one." But that's a Packard slogan. Might there be other Buick fans here?

--- End quote ---
Yes I am, but I lean towards much newer models.

bonneyman:

--- Quote from: oldcarguy on September 02, 2023, 06:56:13 PM ---...Thanks for the compliment.. I'd say "Ask a man that Owns one." But that's a Packard slogan. Might there be other Buick fans here?

--- End quote ---

Yes, my wife has gotten me sold on Buicks. Her parents were long time Buick owners - she picked up that bug from them. She was driving a 1980's Skyhawk when we got married. We inherited both a 1988 Century then a 2002 Century from two family members when they passed on. (Her sister and BIL like Fords).
I loved the '88 - the '02 we're getting ready to sell.
Having owned the '02 for over 20 years now we notice other Buicks while driving. We see alot of Century's, Regal's, and Park Avenue's on the roads.

Lookin4_67GalaxieConv:
My neighbor is about eighty.  He's got a '99 Buick, Century I think.  Was owned by the proverbial little old lady with very few miles when he got it several years ago.  Still performs well for him and he's happy with it.

john k:
Looking again at the seats in the 33, would bet they are glove soft leather.  The red-white Studebaker took the Pebble Beach show once.  The owner had added the white accents and detailing,  which really set it off.  I know the straight 8 Buicks were oversize, but 12 quarts, wow.  More than my IHC tractor 6-cyl.

Uncle Buck:
My what a stunning car! Really, just sets a very high watermark for anything else on wheels.

My deceased dad told me innumerable things about countless brands of cars pre 1960's vintage, with the lions share being 1920's 1940's era. Some of the things he shared I remember, much of it, long forgotten. One of the bits he shared was about some vintage car with a V-12, V-16 perhaps, don't recall it as being an inline engine that had very small diameter pistons, but had a bunch of them. LOL  In a sense, my dad left my mind a graveyard for bits and pieces of trivia info on cars, trucks, and even a few on tractors! For example. If you were standing next the road on a dark night you would know a Chrysler Airflow was approaching because of the whistling sound the design of the grill gave off when the car was at highway speed.

Sorry for straying off topic. This car is absolutely a work of art.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version