TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GENERAL TOOL AND MACHINE DISCUSSION

Companies that own your favorite tool brands --

<< < (2/2)

hickory n Steel:
Good chart, I learned a few things.

Something I suspected based on similarity is that Vaughan & Bushnell owns Dasco pro, but what I don't know is if the Dasco plant is still open or if Vaughan produces all bars in house.
Also if the Dasco plant is still open, are the Vaughan super bars even made in the Vaughan plant.

brslk:
I posted this awhile ago on the old GG.
I'm on a FB tool group and there's always someone asking what 1/2" cordless impact to buy and the answer is always Milwaukee.
This question literally gets asked at least once a day and always gets the same answer.
So I grabbed my little 3.7V Jobmate cordless screw driver and put a few adapters with a 36mm socket and told them it was better than Milwaukee.  Then to add fuel to the fire I told them that Jobmate was made by Snap On.  Some of them just about lost their minds when I said that lol.   Then to make their heads explode I photo shopped that chart to add Jobmate.

J.A.F.E.:
That is very funny.

J.A.F.E.:
Just did some checking on Snap-ons annual report and discovered some interesting things.

https://www.snapon.com/Snap-on-Files/Annual-Reports/Snap-on2016AnnualReportWeb.pdf

Here are the companies they list as owning as of the writing of the 2017 annual report.

And some recent acquisitions.

And for the curious stuff is made in the US

And elsewhere

TexasT:

--- Quote from: brslk on September 09, 2018, 02:59:15 PM ---I posted this awhile ago on the old GG.
I'm on a FB tool group and there's always someone asking what 1/2" cordless impact to buy and the answer is always Milwaukee.
This question literally gets asked at least once a day and always gets the same answer.
So I grabbed my little 3.7V Jobmate cordless screw driver and put a few adapters with a 36mm socket and told them it was better than Milwaukee.  Then to add fuel to the fire I told them that Jobmate was made by Snap On.  Some of them just about lost their minds when I said that lol.   Then to make their heads explode I photo shopped that chart to add Jobmate.

--- End quote ---

Now that is some kinda funny right there. I laughed out loud with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version