VEHICLES > TRACTORS/MOWERS/HEAVY EQUIPMENT

Oliver 1650

<< < (2/23) > >>

Elroy:
That's a big project .

goodfellow:

--- Quote from: DeadNutz on November 19, 2018, 05:19:54 PM ---Thanks for bringing these pics back. I will enjoy following this. I also like it when slipknot shows pics of him splitting tractors.

--- End quote ---

+1 == suburbanites like myself don't know much about old AG equipment, and it's an education for sure.

muddy:

--- Quote from: highland512 on November 19, 2018, 01:26:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: goodfellow on November 19, 2018, 01:14:58 PM ---Very nice -- love the space, and the little helper is as cute as can be. You're a lucky man --

--- End quote ---

He is great, I did have to get him a little box though. He was getting into my box and walking off with tools. I finally found a good use for HF wrenches  :))

I plan on getting him a small 3 or 4 drawer box in a few years and he can help me build him a set, I remember what got me into tools was getting blamed for losing everything. I hope to avoid that.

--- End quote ---
That will be one of his first memories hanging out with Dad working on tractors!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

john k:
Those two Olivers are a bit large for lawn care, but sure would stand out  in the neighborhood.    The older Diesel may just have some Oliver guys salivating?   This ain't fair, you didn't have to drag em out of the woods or tow them 120 miles home!

highland512:

--- Quote from: john k on December 13, 2018, 09:37:15 PM ---Those two Olivers are a bit large for lawn care, but sure would stand out  in the neighborhood.    The older Diesel may just have some Oliver guys salivating?   This ain't fair, you didn't have to drag em out of the woods or tow them 120 miles home!

--- End quote ---
Yes, they are to big for mowing grass but just right for many other jobs. I would like to eventually get a 3 point tiller and 3 point jib pole lifter for it. Maybe even a loader, after I get it running I might install a wide front on it as well. Its sitting in the storage area with the rest of the parts.

--- Quote from: muddy on December 13, 2018, 08:48:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: highland512 on November 19, 2018, 01:26:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: goodfellow on November 19, 2018, 01:14:58 PM ---Very nice -- love the space, and the little helper is as cute as can be. You're a lucky man --

--- End quote ---

He is great, I did have to get him a little box though. He was getting into my box and walking off with tools. I finally found a good use for HF wrenches  :))

I plan on getting him a small 3 or 4 drawer box in a few years and he can help me build him a set, I remember what got me into tools was getting blamed for losing everything. I hope to avoid that.

--- End quote ---
That will be one of his first memories hanging out with Dad working on tractors!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
I hope so, those where some of my first memories. I think he enjoys it, every time I put my boots on he comes running with his then follows me out to the shop. Its just distracting to try to keep an eye on him and get stuff done but I wouldn't trade it for nothin.

--- Quote from: goodfellow on December 13, 2018, 05:55:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: DeadNutz on November 19, 2018, 05:19:54 PM ---Thanks for bringing these pics back. I will enjoy following this. I also like it when slipknot shows pics of him splitting tractors.

--- End quote ---
+1 == suburbanites like myself don't know much about old AG equipment, and it's an education for sure.

--- End quote ---
No problem, I am hoping to have pictures of taking the crank to the machine shop in the next couple weeks.

--- Quote from: Elroy on December 13, 2018, 05:45:44 PM ---That's a big project .

--- End quote ---

It's not that big.  ;) Personally the idea of taking the motor out of my truck would seem much more daunting than this. In the past dad and I have taken an old Farmall H or M all the way down to bare castings and had the motor, transmission, and every single bolt removed and on the bench. The beautiful thing about these old tractors is the simplicity, with a 14 piece wrench set and 3/8 socket set you and damn near tear the hole thing down in a day. With a 9/16, 5/8, and a 3/4 socket you can remove 75% of the fasteners.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version