Author Topic: dale a deike april 8, 1029 - july 1, 2018  (Read 8959 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Re: dale a deike april 8, 1029 - july 1, 2018
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 03:20:45 PM »
Thank you for posting that Harlan. Your father was salt of the earth and sounds like many of my relatives in Iowa. Family, church, community and hard work on the farm is/was their life.

funny you say that. my grandfather moved  here from the plainfield area of iowa. he and his brother married 2 sisters. double cousins  have linked 2 families closely for nearly 100 years.  many of them made the trip here for his funeral and many  other events. i have also made the trip there many times.

Having a family history like that and getting to live that out is an incredible gift and blessing that few have or get to know these days. An old school approach to life if you will, one better than we have today.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline muddy

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 08:55:48 PM »
So sorry to hear about your loss. May he forever be on your heart.

Offline eborcim

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 11:35:50 AM »
Sounds like your dad lived a full life and left a good legacy.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 09:55:10 PM »
the 730 in many of the pictures came home this evening. i made the run and it took about an hour. it was at my son's, in a friends garage and was on display at the county fair and at the tractor supply tractor show since the funeral. it also made a few trips around town. amazing how many people honk and wave at an old tractor. anyway, it was a bittersweet trip.  glad to have it safe at home but wish someone else drove it home.

he sometimes drove me crazy, but i sure miss him being around. it is  so quiet. he was always doing something that made noise.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2018, 09:13:54 AM »
Glad you got the tractor home.  Your Dad had a great fulfilling life that is witnessed by the turnout to his service.  That fact that he drove you crazy was him getting back at you for the goofy things you did as a kid :))  Hopefully we will all have that opportunity  someday ;D