Author Topic: Just ran into my long lost younger brother!  (Read 3644 times)

Offline bonneyman

Re: Just ran into my long lost younger brother!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2020, 09:47:47 AM »
And the other shoe drops!

My youngest brother just happened to have my other brothers phone number (he's gotten remarried and moved since I last saw him), so I called on Thanksgiving. He called me back about 10 minutes later - and we talked an hour plus! Buried that hatchet! That makes two reconnects and possibly healing of the issues.

Great holiday week. Have alot to be thankful for.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2020, 10:05:27 AM »
And the other shoe drops!

My youngest brother just happened to have my other brothers phone number (he's gotten remarried and moved since I last saw him), so I called on Thanksgiving. He called me back about 10 minutes later - and we talked an hour plus! Buried that hatchet! That makes two reconnects and possibly healing of the issues.

Great holiday week. Have alot to be thankful for.

Excellent news!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2020, 01:29:56 PM »
I have  one sister a year younger than me. We were very close our entire lives, we would have an argument now and then but nothing serious until last year. We had quite a nasty argument and did not talk for over a year. In fact, had I not talked to her first we still would not be talking. The only reason I did call her was to put my 87 year old mother at ease over the situation. My sister said some really bad things to me that honestly, I won't forget so I will probably never get past that.

So while I did make peace, I don't really see anything going back to the relationship we once shared. I will not be making any big efforts to see her and I know from the past that if don't bother talking to her, she won't bother talking to me.

I figure at least when my mom goes hopefully we will be able to at least be civil to each other until the funeral is over. The folks made her the executor over their estate so hopefully she does not do anything really wacky. My sister has always had a way of becoming a bit pious about religion and sometimes she does some goofy stuff because of it, or in the name of it. I never discount that as a wildcard.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2020, 06:40:25 PM »
I have  one sister a year younger than me. We were very close our entire lives, we would have an argument now and then but nothing serious until last year. We had quite a nasty argument and did not talk for over a year. In fact, had I not talked to her first we still would not be talking. The only reason I did call her was to put my 87 year old mother at ease over the situation. My sister said some really bad things to me that honestly, I won't forget so I will probably never get past that.

So while I did make peace, I don't really see anything going back to the relationship we once shared. I will not be making any big efforts to see her and I know from the past that if don't bother talking to her, she won't bother talking to me.

I figure at least when my mom goes hopefully we will be able to at least be civil to each other until the funeral is over. The folks made her the executor over their estate so hopefully she does not do anything really wacky. My sister has always had a way of becoming a bit pious about religion and sometimes she does some goofy stuff because of it, or in the name of it. I never discount that as a wildcard.

The division of the estate at the appropriate time will likely not be a pleasant experience.  My mom passed a couple years ago and my sister was executor of the estate.  She was dragging her feet, just because that's her personality.  I think the lawyer working with her said something (I had called him) because I got my cash share not long after.

I'm a patient person, but it had been well over a year, and the house had been sold over a year.  What really annoyed me was she wouldn't let me know what was going on unless I went out of my way to ask her.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 06:42:13 PM by Lookin4_67GalaxieConv »
boop/bop/beep

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2020, 07:56:59 PM »
I'm glad Bonneyman was able to reconnect and it's the perfect time of year.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.