Author Topic: The King of Michigan  (Read 6787 times)

Offline highland512

The King of Michigan
« on: May 14, 2020, 08:18:34 AM »
Michigan appears to be getting out of hand. I think their she-tyrant gov. is trying make a splash and get her name out there but I think will only drag her own name through the mud.

Meanwhile this everyday man is saying no to the king of MI, opening his barbershop and "staying open until Jesus comes back". This is what will open the US economy, people just saying this is enough and going back to work. Don't wait on your elected officials to give you permission to survive, remind them who they work for, not who they rule.

I have been fortunate and never got a lay off or fur low, worked everyday since this clown world started and never missed a check. The only difference in my families life is we haven't been able to go to church, mainly due to the fact all of the elders are..........elderly and scarred of the 'rona. I am afraid if people dont start saying no to these governors, county councils, and mayors we will be stuck staying home or wearing these dumbass masks anytime they deem it needed.   

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: The King of Michigan
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 09:01:14 AM »
I grew up in Michigan and I know a lot of people have had enough of this bullshit and have had more than enough of Whitmer.  I hope a lot of lawsuits are being filed against her and the state government for violating civil liberties.
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 09:14:36 AM »
That is great.  Glad the court ruled in his favor.  Unfortunately, the state has deep pockets to pursue him and will likely do so.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 10:13:26 AM »
This pandemic has shown which politicians and public officials are wannabe tyrants who think they have unlimited power to control people. I think more than a few will be facing recalls when they really need tar and feathers and run out of town. :38:

Offline slip knot

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 04:12:40 PM »
I’m all for the tar and feathers thing

Offline walrus

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 04:23:45 PM »
r wearing these dumbass masks anytime they deem it needed.
Don't worry it won't be the last pandemic you see. Its not politically correct to say but their are too many people in this world and when cities with over 10 million people are common place in 3rd world countries they become giant petri dishes. This is far from over

Offline slip knot

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 05:24:19 PM »
We see these pandemic things about every 5 yrs. and every one is "worse" than the last :017: ebola, zika, swine flu, west nile, lymes, chronic wasting disease. the list is endless.

But this one was special cause we got to go into quarantine. even the healthy ones :lol_hitting: :lol_hitting:

Offline muddy

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 09:30:50 PM »
It's the same thing around here with our lousey governor wolf

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline highland512

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 10:05:09 PM »
In OH we have king dewine and his Karen of a health director. They put a rule out that all employees have to wear masks at work. They have yet to come and put me in jail.

A study of antibodies was released yesterday. Turns out the China fever has been in this area since at least early January. I along with about 70% of our office was sick as hell the week before Christmas........

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 12:36:09 AM »
We see these pandemic things about every 5 yrs. and every one is "worse" than the last :017: ebola, zika, swine flu, west nile, lymes, chronic wasting disease. the list is endless.

But this one was special cause we got to go into quarantine. even the healthy ones :lol_hitting: :lol_hitting:
[/quote

i am not a wacko on either end of the spectrum. . i think some of the things done to " flatten" the curve are  over the top.

on the flip side. i know a family very well. they lost a father and grandfather  with no other serious issues other than being 89. my mom is 90 with some minor health issues . i do what i can to protect her. i don't know anyone who has passed from the issues quoted above, other than covid 19.

one side says covid 19 is no worse than the flu. the other says it is worse than the end of times. the truth is in between and  i am yet yo draw my line in the sand as to who is most right.

it isn't serious until you know some one who is dead.

i know i have to get back to some sort of normal.

i also know i have to keep my mom safe and sane .

i don't pretemd to have the answers but if anyone does please enlighten me.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 07:25:46 AM »
Virginia is opening some less populated areas today -- while keeping the most populous Norther Virginia counties closed. It's a flawed plan, but probably the best alternative among many bad choices because people are just going to drive to the "free" counties to go to bars, restaurants, movies, etc.., and then "schlep" back home to their pandemic lockdown areas.

Offline highland512

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 10:48:18 PM »
Virginia is opening some less populated areas today -- while keeping the most populous Norther Virginia counties closed. It's a flawed plan, but probably the best alternative among many bad choices because people are just going to drive to the "free" counties to go to bars, restaurants, movies, etc.., and then "schlep" back home to their pandemic lockdown areas.
I was in Frederick county Va today, I’m guessing it’s still locked down cause I had to eat in the truck, again.........

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 07:21:33 AM »
I'm glad "King Ralph" is going after those miscreants in Chincoteague! 

http://www.wboc.com/story/42105895/virginia-defends-coronavirus-restrictions-in-church-lawsuit
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2020, 09:27:10 AM »

http://www.wboc.com/story/42105895/virginia-defends-coronavirus-restrictions-in-church-lawsuit

Was the King wearing his hood when he gave the order?

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 03:46:34 PM »

Was the King wearing his hood when he gave the order?

You mean this one?  Typical Democrat.
boop/bop/beep

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 05:13:17 PM »
Yea, that's the guy!  :-[
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 06:37:46 PM »
Yea, that's the guy!  :-[

That picture tells you everything you need to know about the guy -- and to top it offf, his nickname at VMI was "Coonman".
That proud institution will never be the same, because not only did the future governor attend the school, but the husband of the "Pussy Hat" leftist restaurant owner who booted Sarah Huckabee Sanders and family from her establishment, is a Professor at VMI as well (hint: he's also a soyboy male  "Pussy Hat" supporter).

Offline highland512

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2020, 07:56:13 AM »
Ralfie is a tall guy and being that his nickname was coonman I always figured he was the individual with plaid pants.

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2020, 09:54:32 AM »
Finally, Emperor Whitmer does the right thing for some of rural Michigan.  A little late, but hopefully small business in the upper peninsula and northern lower peninsula will be able to survive.  Most of the lower peninsula remains closed.

"Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is allowing restaurants, bars, retail stores and offices to reopen with new restrictions by Friday"

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/gov-gretchen-whitmer-reopen-northern-michigan-memorial-day-weekend

"House Speaker Lee Chatfield, R-Levering, called Whitmer's new order a "positive step" but added the "the vast majority of Michigan is still held captive in the nation’s worst lockdown."

State Sen. Ed McBroom, R-Vulcan, welcomed the news but questioned why it hadn’t come sooner for the U.P., where public health officials have confirmed far fewer COVID-19 cases than other parts of the state. As of Sunday, four U.P. counties had not confirmed any cases and only one — Marquette — had confirmed more than 50 cases since mid-March."

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2020, 04:52:46 PM »
I have really been on the fence as to opening up businesses as I really don't know the health consequences but know we have to adapt and get back to work. 

Heard a bit of a radio show today that really made sense.  We went in lockdown to flatten the curve so health care wouldn't get overwhelmed.  Well, we did that and now have excess capacity in health care so time to open.

Not only that BUT, (and I only go by what I heard, no research on my end) but apparently folks are dying at a pretty good rate because they won't or can't get treated for other ailments because of the lockdown.  And I am sure that is true to some degree, just don't know the extent. 

It is time to open up, at least a little at a time and get folks back to work.  Lots of folks are hurting

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2020, 05:36:51 PM »

.........It is time to open up, at least a little at a time and get folks back to work.  Lots of folks are hurting

Lots of small businesses won't open back up. My usual barber shop is calling it quits. Several smaller restaurants and some small government consulting companies I know personally are all out of business.

My wife and I were lucky that she has a friend who is a hair stylist, and she came over to the house to give us a much needed cut. These folks are hurting and its time to open the economy back up so they can rebuild their lives and bank accounts.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2020, 05:54:43 PM »
At what point is the quarantine going to start killing more than the Wuhan? I read a story about drug ODs and suicides being way up nation wide.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2020, 06:38:05 PM »
At what point is the quarantine going to start killing more than the Wuhan? I read a story about drug ODs and suicides being way up nation wide.

...plus -- child and spousal abuse is up as well. Being cooped up in close quarters with family members who are under great stress is often a recipe for disaster.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 07:56:58 PM by goodfellow »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2020, 06:53:46 PM »
Sounds like Whitmer is in talks with the Biden campaign to be his VP, so, she's gotta start looking nicer.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2020, 09:10:20 PM »
Had a lady come by the place today to check out our barn. She will probably bring her two mini-donkeys here this weekend. She has a mobile bartending service and everything she had scheduled has been cancelled and the emperor governor has not allowed bars to re-open yet. She is afraid she would have to give up the donks as they stay at the daughter's place but she has to move as the house is being sold. The lady can't afford the boarding rates at places in the valley so we are cutting her a break on the price and she is thrilled. We were not going to see her suffer over this dang shutdown by losing her animals.

Offline highland512

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2020, 07:56:24 AM »
Sounds like Whitmer is in talks with the Biden campaign to be his VP, so, she's gotta start looking nicer.

Uncle Touchy is looking for a way to win Mi, I think she has pissed enough people off it wont help much.