Author Topic: Post protest/riot lunacy  (Read 7716 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Post protest/riot lunacy
« on: June 05, 2020, 10:04:39 AM »
I'm just astounded at the stories I'm seeing about cities wanting to defund the police. City officials in Minneapolis want to wipe out the police force as it exists now and replace some of them with social workers. Yes, that is just what you want to see arrive when you call 911. The mayor of Los Angeles has stated he will cut LAPD funding by 100 to 150 million dollars. People should have paid closer attention when a friend of ours was trying to get him out of office but she had a hard time getting enough support.

It will be interesting to see if any of this actually happens. If it does then gun sales will be even higher than they are now.

Offline jabberwoki

Re: Post protest/riot lunacy
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 10:07:25 AM »
Are these liberal based cities?
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 10:20:41 AM »
Chaos seems to be what these cities want. I say -  give them what they wish for! Well-to-do and middle class people are leaving NYC in droves for points down south and in the south-west. They see the writing on the wall.

NYC has gone through this before. The city turned into a dump in the 1970's and 80's, and it wasn't until average people and the business community decided that drastic change was needed and brought in a hard-liner named Rudy Giuliani as mayor to clean the place up.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:23:07 AM by goodfellow »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 10:27:16 AM »
Glad I don’t live in one of those shit holes.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 11:00:51 AM »
Are these liberal based cities?

Yes they are.

Glad I don’t live in one of those shit holes.

I have to agree. I do feel sorry for the good decent people living in those cities but electing Progressive Liberals does have consequences.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 12:30:24 PM »
This is all part of the left wing agenda that's been being implemented for years.  It's why we have to fight back, and that starts with voting.

If the media was merely objective, and not a tool of the Democrats, Democrats would lose most elections.
boop/bop/beep

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 04:46:29 PM »
Was watching the news this moring. Special report on unemployment numbers. It was going to be at least 20% and it must be at least 15 or 30 because 20 just couldn't be right. They were dumbfounded and didn't know that to say.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 05:40:25 PM »
Atlanta go it right, National guard taking care of business ......

Well done ATLANTA .......... :clap:
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline walrus

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 06:47:35 PM »
Isn't Atlanta's mayor being mentioned as a VP candidate for Biden?

• Ran when parked
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 07:48:21 PM »
Isn't Atlanta's mayor being mentioned as a VP candidate for Biden?

Yes, but failed candidate Stacey Abrams is still politicking for the job.  He's going to pick a black woman and solidify the black and female vote.
boop/bop/beep

Offline ken w.

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 09:04:18 PM »
Unfortunately I live in NY State near Buffalo.  I couldn't handle NYC.  Our votes in Western , NY just don't matter as we are out voted by NYC. We had a police incident  here the other day. An old guy protesting came up to police a little too close and the cop gave him a shove and he fell on his back. Cops are on unpaid leave. My personal feeling is this guy did this on purpose to set the cop up. Now it's on national TV and it makes the cops look bad.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 09:18:26 PM »
Unfortunately I live in NY State near Buffalo.  I couldn't handle NYC.  Our votes in Western , NY just don't matter as we are out voted by NYC. We had a police incident  here the other day. An old guy protesting came up to police a little too close and the cop gave him a shove and he fell on his back. Cops are on unpaid leave. My personal feeling is this guy did this on purpose to set the cop up. Now it's on national TV and it makes the cops look bad.

I saw that guy get pushed and he was ignoring lawful orders. 57 members of the emergency response unit resigned following the suspension without pay of their 2 team mates. It must be tough right now being a police officer knowing your leadership in the city is looking for any excuse to react swiftly showing how "woke" they are.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2020, 10:50:24 PM »
I expect we will see more of these officers bailing out. cant say I blame them either. Now you not only have to worry about getting killed on the job, but every action you take could bring you up on criminal charges.

It will be interesting to see what these progressive communities come up with for alternative police forces. :lol_hitting:

• Ran when parked
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2020, 07:54:55 AM »

The mayor of Buffalo said the guy was an agitator and nobody is going to be fired.   :93:
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2020, 09:50:39 AM »
All this talk of "defund the police" is just taking advantage of the crisis. The looters want free reign, the Dem mayors and governors want to have an excuse to get a federal bailout, and the Dem congress wants the violence to continue to November to oust Trump.

I think police funding should be on a case-by-case local issue. Police are funded by local taxes, therefore local populations should vote on increasing, decreasing, or eliminating them. Some of the sheriffs and police chiefs around the country have shown amazing wisdom, while others have displayed total incompetence. Every jurisdiction is different, their needs are quite varied, and so locals should vote on what they want.

Personally I think our local PD should get the  :106:  Start over, put new rules in place, and get trained people in there who want to serve the community, not control it. The way it is now I wouldn't trust the police to protect a dog house.