Author Topic: Any of your "anti-gun" acquaintances calling you for advice?  (Read 5191 times)

Offline john k

Re: Any of your "anti-gun" acquaintances calling you for advice?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2020, 11:22:54 PM »
All I got is a rusty old shotgun, is in the barn somewheres, yep.  At the local farm supply store, plenty of ammunition, handgun, rifle, and shotgun.   Right out on an open shelf as usual.   But it is in the boondocks.

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2020, 08:13:35 PM »
Don't have any anti-gun friends, but I do have friends with anti-gun wives...

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2020, 08:49:56 PM »
Don't have any anti-gun friends, but I do have friends with anti-gun wives...

You'd be surprised how many women carry here even though their husbands don't.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2020, 08:40:26 AM »
Just heard from a friend that Atlanta is pretty much out of control. Police are not responding to calls, and the "blue flu" is rapidly spreading through the department. Atlanta's urban dwellers will have to protect their families' lives and their homes/belongings themselves.

It's quite reminiscent of the sci-fi movie "The Purge" -- where civil authorities relinquish total control to the mob, and citizens are left to their own devices.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/call-sheet-leaked-sickout-in-atlanta-is-real-for-3rd-day-theyve-had-enough/?utm_source=whatfinger
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 09:43:30 AM by goodfellow »

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2020, 10:09:00 AM »
Just heard from a friend that Atlanta is pretty much out of control. Police are not responding to calls, and the "blue flu" is rapidly spreading through the department. Atlanta's urban dwellers will have to protect their families' lives and their homes/belongings themselves.

It's quite reminiscent of the sci-fi movie "The Purge" -- where civil authorities relinquish total control to the mob, and citizens are left to their own devices.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/call-sheet-leaked-sickout-in-atlanta-is-real-for-3rd-day-theyve-had-enough/?utm_source=whatfinger

And I don't blame them one bit.  The mayor and district attorney have both thrown the police department under the bus.  Police morale is at an all-time low.
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2020, 11:04:12 AM »
Atlanta may be the turning point to the war on police officers. I hear tell of a nation wide blue flu for the 4th of July. The stepmother to the cop in Atlanta was fired from her job because she made people feel uncomfortable there :a102: and she was the HR director!!!
The DHS released a statement a while back saying that city HR records were being publicized with police officers names and address' And for police to maintain extra awareness at home. They're even going after them at their homes. Their families lives are impacted.  Why would anyone want that job???

We are headed down a bad road in this country. I hope people remember this come election time. IF we make it to the election.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »
Yep, it IS a bad road, but it's one we've known has been coming for years and didn't do anything to change it. People just don't want to take responsibility for their actions, and when accountability gets thrown out the window, it leads to a slippery slope from which recovery is very slim. Gonna take some strong, responsible leadership at many levels to resolve this mess, and quite frankly I don't think enough are up to the task.