Author Topic: A bit of humor full of a lot of truth  (Read 2183 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

A bit of humor full of a lot of truth
« on: June 17, 2020, 08:30:41 PM »
I don't have a link to the real video or anything as I don't want my Google account infected by searching for such disgusting shit like that,  but you may be aware of it.

The original video consists of a bunch of Hollywood liberals essentially apologizing for being white, and this one video says everything that needs to be said about it without actually saying it.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
Re: A bit of humor full of a lot of truth
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 08:14:23 AM »
What they say is true .............. They are SORRY, I am not.

How ya like this. yesterday, I like it
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 11:53:41 AM »
I won't apologize for being white. In this age of "This is the way God created me, so I'm not gonna hide in the closet anymore". Why should I have to apologize to someone for the way I was born? It's all politics - being born gay is normal, but being born white is racist?  :o
I was also born in New York. Some people look down on me because of that, cause I'm a "Yankee". Like I had any say whatsoever in where my mother had me! Perhaps I should've peeked out, saw the writing on the wall, and pulled back in telling my mom she had to go to a different state cause 40 years from now being born in NY is gonna be a detriment. :-[   As someone once said, "Life isn't what happens to you - it's how you respond to those things"

The real racists are the ones who talk about it. You didn't get a job you wanted - so the employer is racist. You didn't get the promotion you think you should have got - so the boss is a racist. You couldn't buy a house in the neighborhood you liked - so the HOA is racist. I say BALONEY! I'm white, no regrets and no apologies. And I didn't get jobs I wanted - I didn't get promotions - I couldn't buy homes I liked. Not once did "it's because I'm white" come into mind. It's just how life goes. I believe 99% of what happens to us is either directly or indirectly a result of our own actions. (I leave the other 1% open for "acts of God"). And what I see is 99% of the time people blame everything else BUT what they do for what befalls them. And when you call them out on their actions they scream "racist". I have no sympathy for them, because they are the ones with the problem.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 12:00:16 PM by bonneyman »

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 04:36:26 AM »
WELL said, George - 200%!

I am in no way ashamed of my heritage, nor my color, nor am I a 'racist.' I am SO sick of this 'white privilege' bullshit. I am REAL tired of being demonized by race-hustlers and left-wing progressive nutcases (and ABOVE ALL our corrupt 'media') just for the fact of the color of my skin. That was not MY choice; that is the way of the human race.

We as Americans have the right AND the "privilege" AND the power to pull ourselves out of our self-proclaimed 'ghettos,' or our poor neighborhoods, and make something of ourselves.

If one doesn't desire or have the aptitude to learn to "code" and polish a chair for the rest of their lives, there are trade schools. College is not for everyone. Some have the gift of working with their hands at an honorable profession, and that is a good thing.

Who will build the houses; grow the crops; raise the animals we consume; repair the vehicles/appliances/plumbing/etc; if everybody goes to 'code' school?

Rant off.  :ecomcity:

David

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 05:55:45 PM »
Exactly right.

They want to claim we automatically have all the opportunities just for being white and that they automatically get the shit end of the stick just because they're black.
This is not 1950's Alabama and a lot has changed, they can just ask their grandparents if they wanna know how much better they have it.
In this country equal opportunity truly is available to all at this point.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 07:11:37 AM »
X 2 the way I roll.... :bravo_2:
1776 ................... what happened!