Author Topic: Minivan  (Read 2990 times)

Offline eborcim

Minivan
« on: May 30, 2019, 02:34:06 PM »
We like the Dodge/Chrysler minivans.  We haul kids, stuff, dogs, visit family, and take trips in them.  My wife was waiting to turn on our road a couple weeks ago and a kid rear-ended our Dodge Grand Caravan.  Insurance totaled it and gap insurance paid off the balance.  So I found a Chrysler T&C a couple days later, with similar mileage and features.  Away we go again.

Offline muddy

Re: Minivan
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 03:56:00 PM »
I've been trying to convince Mandy that this should be our next family mobile.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 05:17:24 PM »
They are great vehicles, and definitely a keeper if you maintain it well. Glad you found a suitable replacement -

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 10:06:03 PM »
We had a Chrysler mini van and loved it. We would welcome another in a heartbeat.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 09:51:10 AM »
Once you own a minivan, its hard to imagine life without one, especially with little kids.  I have had 2 older Chryslers and the trannys went out in both but they were old.

Have a Mazda MPV 2001 and I would buy another.  Runs great and few issues.  We bought it with 125K miles and is now at 175K.  Its Mama's beater and gets no love but keeps on ticking

Offline eborcim

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 12:40:44 PM »
We bought a 2008 T&C with 70K miles in 2011 and ran it to 245K miles until 2017 (it was still running strong, just starting to look tired).  On that one, other than normal maintenance, I replaced the rad and hoses at ~200K and the DVD player once.  The 2016 had to go back once for the automatic doors not working and that was covered under warranty.  No matter what brand you buy, I recommend the entertainment package, stowaway seats, seat/floor liners, and a backup camera as base needs to really make this a family friendly vehicle.  Also recommend proper Michelin tires for wear and ride since these things weigh around 4,500 lbs empty.