Author Topic: Tool swap meet heaven!  (Read 3287 times)

Offline bonneyman

Tool swap meet heaven!
« on: June 14, 2019, 04:39:07 PM »
Man, does this look like a place to go! Maybe some of you local guys can make it, or already know about it. Next date is August 17th.

https://www.andersonplywood.com/old-tool-swap-meet/

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Tool swap meet heaven!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 06:27:54 PM »
I wonder if that is the old tool swap that the alien goes to. I never knew Anderson Plywood sponsored that.

Offline ken w.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 07:56:24 PM »
I'd go to it but it would take me a week to drive there. My cats would be a bag of bones when I got back.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 08:10:32 PM »
I'd go to it but it would take me a week to drive there. My cats would be a bag of bones when I got back.

Just leave 'em a couple cans of tuna and they'll be fine.  :))

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 08:37:17 PM »
Man, does this look like a place to go! Maybe some of you local guys can make it, or already know about it. Next date is August 17th.

There is a swap called Old Tool Swap that had a rolling venue between Pasadena, Culver City (Anderson Plywood), one down south I forgot the name and San Diego (Rockler). Only Anderson and San Diego are left Anderson and Rockler generously provide the space and Anderson makes coffee, donuts and the essential restroom available.

I wonder if that is the old tool swap that the alien goes to. I never knew Anderson Plywood sponsored that.

I have gotten some really good stuff there.

It's pretty small but most there are pretty diehard tool heads.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 09:03:28 AM »

There is a swap called Old Tool Swap that had a rolling venue between Pasadena, Culver City (Anderson Plywood), one down south I forgot the name and San Diego (Rockler). Only Anderson and San Diego are left Anderson and Rockler generously provide the space and Anderson makes coffee, donuts and the essential restroom available.

I have gotten some really good stuff there.

It's pretty small but most there are pretty diehard tool heads.

Back in the early 90's I heard Culver City was not the best area to go to. IIRC it was a heavy industrial district.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 09:57:46 AM »
CC is a fairly diverse area but pretty small. Much of it is business district and offices along Sepulveda Blvd and there's at least one or two movie studios. It's an independent city but I think completely surrounded by LA.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.