Author Topic: Rotorazor saw ?  (Read 1904 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Rotorazor saw ?
« on: December 26, 2020, 03:49:14 PM »
Are you guys familiar with it from the infomercials, and do you have any experience with it ?
I just found out that someone ordered me a 2020 version for my upcoming birthday and I'm kind of dreading receiving it,  knowing the person thought it would be the greatest thing ever that I use all the time when it may not be worth a darn in the slightest.

Is this thing the gimmicky junk tool I'm expecting it to be, or is it something a DIY'er like me could be pleased with ?
I'm just wondering about overall function and usefulness here, I'm okay with Black & Decker quality for my needs.
The platinum model looks like most mini / compact circular saws you'd get from any company, and while I'd expect DIY quality it does look designed for real work.
This new one looks more like a hobby grade tool, something I'd expect to Bob Vila to advertise for Craftsman in the 90's.

I really hate people knowing I'm into knives and tools, because they just aren't as discerning as I'm am and always get me something I would never spend my hard earned money on.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 04:16:45 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Rotorazor saw ?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 06:41:21 PM »
They make some bold claims on their website but I'm sorry but that saw will not replace a jig saw or even a band saw. If it has already been ordered let them give to you and be grateful that somebody thinks so much of you they give you an expensive gift. You'll quickly find out if it is suitable for your needs and you can always just keep it with your Gator Grip.

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 09:03:59 PM »
I have seen the infomercials.

Would I buy one? Doubtful.

Would I use it? Yea I could probably find a use for it and would try it if I had one.

I would rank it higher than many other crappy tools. In fact I would kind of be pumped to run it through its paces. I bet if so.erhing similar was offered from Milwaukee or dewalt it would be better received.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline muddy

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 11:30:11 PM »
I'm with deadnutz and the farmer.

Would I buy one? No.

If it was given to me I'd take it and see what it's made of. If it's junk it'll sit in the shelf. Wasn't my money won't bother me none. I'm sure it's useful in some spots but no way is it the end all to absolutely not.

Like said be grateful you have clueless friends that think highly of you to buy you gifts.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 04:33:38 AM »
My biggest problem is that my dad is the one who bought it and because he apparently bought the most expensive version assuming that would mean it's better , I suppose he's paying me back for all the infomercial type tools I got him over the years for Father's Day and such when I was a kid.  :))

One thing I will say is that I can't remember the last time I used one of my 2 jigsaws,  and the old skill circular has been all I needed when I do occasionally pull it out.
I don't know if that means I have no need for this tool, or if i might use it all the time because it's small and handy ?

I will definitely be grateful and accepting of this gift as I always am, and I'm hopeful that it might surprise me.

I saw the infomercial yesterday,  and I'm pretty sure they got him like a Large mouth bass with a Crankbait
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 03:32:24 PM »
Well I just got the rotorazor platinum saw today,  and all I can really say is that it works.
Theres nothing obviously wrong with it and as a mini version of a circular saw it works fine.

Overall you can tell it's an off brand tool with its cheesy bubble decal, it has the feel of a $30 angle grinder for sure.
I don't think it's an inherently bad tool, but it's just not worth $175+.

If I use it enough to get used to it, I might be happier with it than I thought I would.
They were definitely optimistic in saying it can outright replace all these different saws, but if an average DIY'er really liked it and had the mind to they could probably do more with it than I might expect.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 07:29:24 PM »
I have been using the rotorazor saw lately,  and I actually do find it kind of handy for small stuff.

I won't be replacing it if it ever dies on me, but it's useful enough to keep around.
Not an essential tool by any means.

Overall I would say that anyone who finds a dremel or other rotary tool useful might like this, it really is like the dremel of circular saws.
It's more of a hobbyist tool, it works and can be useful but only for small jobs.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 06:12:13 AM »
Had to look it up, light duty for sure. The blade appears to be the same size as Dermal sold with the once upon a time table saw.

The only thing I could see happening, routinely. Miss judging its capability. Meaning grab it take to the task, only to find it's to small. Where as a skill saw will do what it does and the rotorazor <spell check hates it LOL
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 03:50:46 PM »
Had to look it up, light duty for sure. The blade appears to be the same size as Dermal sold with the once upon a time table saw.

The only thing I could see happening, routinely. Miss judging its capability. Meaning grab it take to the task, only to find it's to small. Where as a skill saw will do what it does and the rotorazor <spell check hates it LOL

If this saw was made by dremel I don't think anyone would question it.
It really like the dremel of circular saws.
Always lookin' to learn