Author Topic: Help me figure this one out?  (Read 1678 times)

Offline coolmercury

Help me figure this one out?
« on: March 18, 2021, 04:57:53 PM »
Tool is made of high quality steel, would not have been cheap.  Bottom jaw fits between the top jaws as shown in first picture.  When open there are a couple of inches between the openings.  Both jaws have grooves on the side shown in the last picture.  However the center jay is beveled on the other side and matches a bevel on the stationary jaw---and both bevels are fairly sharp.  As a guess, I figure it might hold something with the grooves and cut it off with the bevel????

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Help me figure this one out?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 08:44:17 PM »
Tool is made of high quality steel, would not have been cheap.  Bottom jaw fits between the top jaws as shown in first picture.  When open there are a couple of inches between the openings.  Both jaws have grooves on the side shown in the last picture.  However the center jay is beveled on the other side and matches a bevel on the stationary jaw---and both bevels are fairly sharp.  As a guess, I figure it might hold something with the grooves and cut it off with the bevel????
It's a double crush emasculator for farm animals.
I have no clue how I knew this, probably from watching animal planet or something.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 08:46:09 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 02:59:35 PM »
You may be right, but I have made a lot of steers out of bulls and never have seen anything like this tool.

Okay---I will take that comment back. checked your answer out on google and there it was, one just like mine. :a102:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 03:12:55 PM by coolmercury »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 06:42:16 PM »
It is either that or a cruel torture device. :o

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 11:03:52 PM »
It is either that or a cruel torture device. :o
Is there a difference   :smiley_confused1:
Always lookin' to learn