Author Topic: Moving  (Read 593 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Moving
« on: February 08, 2024, 11:19:50 AM »
So im planning on moving to anderson south carolina i gota job lined up anda room matei know the guy 8months and heseems alright. Anyone in this area. I currently live in ohio

Offline oldcarguy

Re: Moving
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 12:51:15 PM »
My younger sister lives in Seneca S.C. That's 25 miles from Anderson. She moved there twenty years ago for the weather and inexpensive housing.. A lot of beautiful open country, nice lakes and streams with hiking trails, camping, and great fishing. Sunny most every day.  If you're an outdoor-man, you found your home.. Good Luck

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 09:19:52 PM »
good luck. sometimes a move is a great opportunity.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 09:46:37 PM »
Moves are exciting opportunities for a new and different life with fresh and new opportunities. Ah to be young and unencumbered to just pick up and go.

Best of luck in your new surroundings and fresh start!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 10:28:16 PM »
My family thinks im crazy cause theguy im gonnalive with i havent known very long .but he seems like a stand up guy...

Offline The Magic Ratchet

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 07:21:23 AM »
I live in Anderson for about 5 years now. I think you'll like it here. There is plenty of opportunity and lots of friendly people. It's starting to get a little crowded though.

Lou Manglass

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 01:03:37 PM »
This wil be the farthest i ever been away from ohio

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2024, 08:50:31 PM »

Great place SC and very friendly locals. That said, and probably due to boomer retirements, high taxes and politics in some of the Blue states, coastal SC is overrun with people form out-of-state. I visit there often and I regularly meet a large number of folks from the DC area, New Jersey, NY, or New England. Real estate prices are going through the roof down there. 

Good luck in your new life adventure --

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2024, 09:06:13 AM »

Great place SC and very friendly locals. That said, and probably due to boomer retirements, high taxes and politics in some of the Blue states, coastal SC is overrun with people form out-of-state. I visit there often and I regularly meet a large number of folks from the DC area, New Jersey, NY, or New England. Real estate prices are going through the roof down there. 

GF, tell your buddies to head back up north!   :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2024, 02:03:19 PM »

GF, tell your buddies to head back up north!   :))

Yeah, most all my friends down there are SC natives, and they constantly talk about the new "northern invasion" that's happening in Myrtle Beach, Charleston, and Pawleys Island. The lake Marion and lake Moultrie area is teaming with Jersey and NY accents --- much to the chagrin of the natives.  :93:

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2024, 02:38:20 PM »
Can i tell you that i couldnt be more nervous moving 10hrs away to a state i never been to so i can live with a room mate.. I feel like this could be a big change and my dad needs to be able to live his life which hecant do if i live with him ...

Offline muddy

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2024, 08:35:51 PM »
Best of luck!

Sent from my twisted mind of the mudman

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2024, 10:59:43 PM »
Can i tell you that i couldnt be more nervous moving 10hrs away to a state i never been to so i can live with a room mate.. I feel like this could be a big change and my dad needs to be able to live his life which hecant do if i live with him ...

South Carolina is nice.  You'll like it.  Sometimes you need to get away from the same old thing and into a change of scenery.
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2024, 08:24:05 AM »
Good luck Dustin, hope it works out well for you.  As to the roommate, put some money aside every week to an emergency move out fund so that is the situation goes south, you won't be stuck

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2024, 09:06:01 AM »
Good luck Dustin, hope it works out well for you.  As to the roommate, put some money aside every week to an emergency move out fund so that is the situation goes south, you won't be stuck

Great advice, hope for the best and plan for the worst!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!