Author Topic: Lost 23lbs in three months -  (Read 43539 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Lost 23lbs in three months -
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2020, 03:35:36 PM »
I like both Atkins and ThinkThin meal bars. Being both use soybeans (and with the current bad harvests in the Midwest) prices have gone up on them. They take a bit of getting used to, but several varieties really help with my "chewing" cravings.
The Atkins coconut bar is very close to a Mounds candy bar, and the chocolate candies are just like M&M's. The ThinkThin brownie crunch and peanut butter bars are quite good as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Atkins-Endulge-Treat-Chocolate-Coconut/dp/B001D1HIK0/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=YWo2mr4muCCwAKF16m8L6g&hsa_cr_id=4316067460201&ref_=sb_s_sparkle_slot

I like the Atkins bars as well as they are low voltage. Both the Vanilla Pecan Crisp Meal bar and the Lemon Snack bar are Gluten free. I also eat black, blue and raspberries every single day as well as 1/2 apple with some string cheese for a snack. The doctor tells me that nobody ever got diabetes by eating fruit as it is the added and processed sugar that gets you. I also eat a handful of almonds as a snack.

Offline walrus

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2020, 05:40:01 PM »
My weight has stayed the same for close to 4 years now. Same diet I've been doing for close to 9 years now. No sugar, No grains,No white potatoes, No crap food in a box or a can.  Meat, Cheese(aged so no lactose), homemade yogurt, fermented longer to consume all lactose, veggies, fruit, nuts. I wish my wife liked fish as I would eat it more rather than red meat. The foods I eat are easier to digest than complex carbs, such as grains, sugars  and starches.  Spent last fall on the road, that makes it tough. Made big meals on weekends, packed a cooler full of frozen leftovers so I could nuke them in Hotels, salads, fruit, hard boiled eggs. Lost a few pounds but not many.  I no longer live to eat, I eat to live

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2020, 01:13:17 PM »
Glad everyone is doing well with this new lifestyle change. On my home front, I was in for a surprise this morning.  I'm at a very comfortable 165lbs right now and the surprise is that my gut is gone. So much so that I was able to fit into a pair of 30" waist blue jeans this morning. To say that I'm pleased is an understatement.

I haven't fit into 30" waist anything since I was 22 years old. The weight gain I've experienced is all muscle in my chest, legs and back. Amazing results for a guy of my age. The dietary changes and the moderate weight lifting together have made amazing improvements in my health.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 01:17:28 PM by goodfellow »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2020, 02:32:45 PM »
That is great news Ray. I am maintaining my lowest weight since high school. I know part of that is loss of muscle mass due to not doing the daily physical hard work I used to do. I have now gotten some weights out and the stationary bike is next so it's time to start working out.
My 38 waist pants are a loose fit now but enables me to carry a holster inside the belt line now.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2020, 02:48:06 PM »
That is great news Ray. I am maintaining my lowest weight since high school. I know part of that is loss of muscle mass due to not doing the daily physical hard work I used to do. I have now gotten some weights out and the stationary bike is next so it's time to start working out.
My 38 waist pants are a loose fit now but enables me to carry a holster inside the belt line now.

That is absolutely great news DN -- wonderful. ..and yes, it definitely make carrying a IWB holster a pleasure. I've carried AIWB for all my years and the gut plays a big role in making that an effective carry position.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2020, 03:01:45 PM »
OK after my 3-week crash detox I lost about 6 pounds.

I found that I don't tolerate tumeric well at all. Maybe I took too much right off rather than building up. But overall I'm feeling better overall. Just hard to stay 95% vegetarian.  :c002:

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2020, 03:27:21 PM »
OK after my 3-week crash detox I lost about 6 pounds.

I found that I don't tolerate tumeric well at all. Maybe I took too much right off rather than building up. But overall I'm feeling better overall. Just hard to stay 95% vegetarian.  :c002:

Wow -- 6lbs is pretty good, but I don't think I could go vegetarian. Hard enough to go without traditional bread and cakes, but just veggies and no meat protein would be way over the top for me. Good luck George!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2020, 03:34:54 PM »
Not sure if I posted this here or not but over the Christmas season, I ate a lot of sugar and my hands started hurting again at night to the point where it would wake me up.  Last week it got worse so I made a diligent effort to really cut the sugar out and within 2 days I could feel the difference and 4 days in the hand pain is far far less.  Hands are still falling asleep, especially as I type at the computer, but the pain is mostly gone.

Darn sugar is so addictive, your body gets used to it and craves more.  It isn't too hard to break the addiction as after 2 days I don't crave it but I can sure tell you the cravings were real and strong when I was eating more then I should.

Congrats on the size 30 Ray!!

Online Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2020, 06:06:49 PM »
I'm approaching 250, something I never thought I'd do.  Seven years ago I was between 200-205.  I'm slowly changing my diet to reverse this.  Also getting back into weight lifting and running.
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2020, 06:16:11 PM »
I'm approaching 250, something I never thought I'd do.  Seven years ago I was between 200-205.  I'm slowly changing my diet to reverse this.  Also getting back into weight lifting and running.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2021, 03:01:26 PM »
Just an update on this thread. I had my yearly physical today and the KETO program is still working for me. Blood pressure, blood sugar are way down and in the excellent range. We’ll see the cholesterol numbers in a few days when the lab results come back.

I’m down 26 lbs and maintain at 160 with a 29” waist. Haven’t seen these numbers since I was in my 20s (I’m in my mid-60s now). Joint pain, bloating, and acid reflux is almost completely gone. Although I still take some Nexium when we go out to dinner and I know I will be having some wine or beer. Other than that- no more Nexium.

Three years into this experiment and it’s worked wonders for my overall health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2021, 06:08:39 PM »
Ray, glad to hear it.  I too am about done with joint pain.  Cutting way back on sugar is the key for me and eating clean, some carbs

I am just above 200, need to exercise, just can't get started  :41:

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2021, 08:08:32 PM »
Glad to hear you guys are doing well on the diet and weight. I have put some weight back on but when you feel lousy every single day it is too easy to eat comfort food. But since they finally found out what is wrong with me after 11 months of the wrong diagnosis I hope I am on the right path. It was like a switch got flipped and I finally felt good with energy 2 weeks ago. Finally able to exercise again and getting back to a proper diet.

Offline muddy

« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2021, 08:25:39 PM »
Glad to hear it's working well for you guys!

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2021, 08:54:43 AM »
Good news Phil and DN! Glad to hear that you guys are still at it as well. The hardest part about this whole low carb/no carb and no sugar diet is being able to maintain the momentum (at least for me it was).