Author Topic: Gotta laugh at these folks  (Read 1785 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Gotta laugh at these folks
« on: January 29, 2022, 09:55:13 AM »
First it was Neil Young demanding that Spotify remove his song catalogue due to their airing of Joe Rogan and what Neil takes as misinformation. Now Joni Mitchell is demanding the removal of her songs from Spotify in solidarity with Neil.
What happened to these old hippies? They were so against the man and oppression by the government in their younger popular years. Now they want people censored who don't follow the junk science that they believe in. Are they trying to be relevant and in the spotlight again? Or is this just a case of a couple of old Canadians who took advantage of the greatness in the USA to get where they are? Or are they just showing the results of doing all the drugs in the 60's?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Gotta laugh at these folks
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 10:02:22 AM »
The fact that they told Neil Young to pound sand is a mark of courage for that company. Back in the day all these 1960's hippies were fighting the system for more government accountability and transparency -- hypocrites all.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 10:36:13 AM »
Funny how that happens, follow the $$$$ there lies the answer. Have a friend in the band "Mothers Finest", our connection is HotRods & refers to me as a V8, snob. Cause he builds 6 bangers, wear that title proudly.

Anyway, a couple of years back, religious music was on its rise in popularity. Tells me the band was thinking about jumping on the bandwagon.

Think the idea for the venue change was on the table for the right reasons?
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 10:57:34 AM »
I like Neil Young's music, but he sure is an old, cranky, surly SOB.  I totally agree with Spotify, I'd tell him to f/k off.

This isn't the first time "people" have complained about Joe Rogan to Spotify. The trannies got all up in arms a year or two ago because Rogan doesn't buy into their bullshit agenda and they didn't like what he said about them.

I'm so tired of them trying to convince us that transgenderism is normal.  It's mental illness pure and simple.
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 11:07:54 AM »
Now Apple has announced they have created pregnant men emojis. That will make some freaks happy.

Offline walrus

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 01:57:45 PM »
The fact that they told Neil Young to pound sand is a mark of courage for that company. Back in the day all these 1960's hippies were fighting the system for more government accountability and transparency -- hypocrites all.

No courage, all money,
Spotify signed 100 million dollar contract with Rogan.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 02:42:59 PM »
its all about the money. Who has a bigger draw? Young or Rogan? Rogan appeals to a younger crowd. Youngs crowd is slowly fading into oblivion.

Sometimes us old guys getting left behind is kinda funny.

I've noticed Sirius had been touting Neil Young channel pretty hard this weekend.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 05:40:51 PM »

No courage, all money,
Spotify signed 100 million dollar contract with Rogan.

I wasn't aware of the contract, and that definitely puts a new spin on the matter. That said, they must have realized that the old 1960s "flower power" generation of entertainers would be crawling out of the woodwork to support a fellow 60s protester like Neil Young. I'm interested to see what other 1960's "has beens" will join in on these Spotify protests --- LOL

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 06:03:08 PM »
Here is an example of what Spotify pays the artists:

The company officially establishes a payment of between $0.003 and $0.0084 per stream, with an average payout of $0.004 per stream.

Sounds like the pissed off hippies could lose maybe a dollar or two. :))

• Ran when parked
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 06:30:34 PM »
These '60s dinosaurs are dying off with millions in their bank accounts.  They'll never spend it all.  Weed is pretty cheap these days I bet.   :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2022, 07:16:42 PM »
Neil Young has always been a rather... difficult performer.

Stories of him walking out on concerts and leaving CSN-Y hanging while on tour.

He and Joni can hang out and talk about saving the world from false information on COVID.

"Well I heard Mr Young sing about her
Well, I heard ol' Neil put her down
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
A Southern man don't need him around, anyhow"
Nick
Yorktown, VA

• Ran when parked
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2022, 08:32:05 AM »
 :))
boop/bop/beep