Author Topic: Miller Dialarc Tig  (Read 3702 times)

Offline walrus

Miller Dialarc Tig
« on: June 29, 2019, 05:56:17 AM »
Found a local Ad for an old Miller Dialarc HF TIG, looks like it weighs a 400 lbs, on wheels and and torch is there but not sure what else.  Messaged the guy to get serial number as I guess you can figure what it really is from the number.  200 bucks  . Sounds like it isn't a good machine for Aluminum but I want in for steel anyway.

Offline walrus

Re: Miller Dialarc Tig
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 06:44:38 AM »
Missed out. someone got there before me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 06:49:14 AM »
It's better on steel than aluminum Walrus. I've had that machine for many years, and it' s a great machine for steel. Not a lot of "bells & whistles", but then again no finicky electronic control boards to worry about -- old school industrial quality all the way.

For $200 you're getting a GREAT deal.  Good luck!!!

It will spin your meter though, and in order to fully use it, you'll need at least a 50-60A circuit for low end work -- and a 100A for running this thing at full capacity.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 06:50:01 AM »
Seems we posted at the same time -- sorry you lost the deal.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 11:42:18 PM »
The local community college put up a dozen or so dialarcs on govdeals a while back. I bid $300 each for them and didn't get a one. They are rock solid machines but everyone knows that. when one comes along for cheap you gotta move fast.

Offline walrus

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 05:11:40 AM »
The local community college put up a dozen or so dialarcs on govdeals a while back. I bid $300 each for them and didn't get a one. They are rock solid machines but everyone knows that. when one comes along for cheap you gotta move fast.
The ad was a few hours old when I saw it. Looks like facebook marketplace gets a lot of attention.

Offline highland512

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 02:34:35 PM »
I don’t have the Facebook myself but my wife does. I love looking at the marketplace, I think it really cuts down on the scumbagery when you face and name are on the add.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 05:21:55 PM »
 ;D My FB account is in my dogs name ;D  Kinda funny when They've been messaging Lucy and then I show up ;D