Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 703707 times)

Offline muddy

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2940 on: May 18, 2024, 10:21:16 PM »
Built this stand for a 5 gallon bucket garden. Ive wanted to try growing vegetables for a few years now. I actually had this wood that I had from dismantling the deck that was at our house when we bought it.

If a growing our own does work out, I can always turn it into a mobile workbench.

Sent from my twisted mind of the mudman

Offline john k

« Reply #2941 on: May 19, 2024, 09:46:34 AM »
Today I mounted 6 tires on the GMC Topkick.  265-75 x 19.5 on steel rims, figured they weighed close to 155 lbs each.  Used the floor jack, 2- 5 ton bottle jacks, and a 10 ton bottle jack just bought on auction.  Also used a good armload of 2x6 and 4x4 wood blocks, just to be safe.  The 20volt DeWalt impact did very well on the lugnuts.  Took them to the tire shop in town 2 at a time, because it was jacked up on dirt, and the 24 inch 2x6s were getting pushed down into the sod, not the most solid surface I have worked on.  The Cat diesel is heavier than anticipated, but no problems, just was very careful.  The tires it came with had dates saying they were 18 and 20 years old.  But they didnt look bad no cracks visible.  Bought a set of tires, used, at that tire shop what came off a rural fire truck,  4 years old, less than a thousand miles,  firemen needed a more aggressive tread, with the gravel and dirt roads around here.    Getting closer to being able haul some tractors with the 30 foot gooseneck trailer we bought 2 weeks ago.  Been wanting to do this for years.    Rested up a bit, then got out the 2 John Deere riding mowers, lady friend drove one, got the whole outer yard and the house yard mowed, because of 3 days of rain forecast, the spring grass grows too durned fast. 

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2942 on: May 19, 2024, 01:02:09 PM »
My brother came by and has been recoating my roof with the cool coat. Since I'm not steady on a ladder anymore I helped him out by doing all the ground work. Moving vehicles, covering the A/C, lugging the garden hoses around, providing the TSP for cleaning, and checking on him regularly since it gets hot up there. Took time out to service/repair a pair of pump sprayers, got his wife's bicycle shifting properly, and doing some needed yard work such as weed wacking and trimming overgrowth around the tree trunks. The old muscles are protesting but overall got alot of chores done and I feel good overall. Chock it all up to spring maintenance!