Author Topic: How cold is it?  (Read 29839 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: How cold is it?
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2019, 06:02:00 PM »
Wish all of you in snow country all the best -- it's tough in the best of times, but the Farmer's Almanac is calling for a really bad winter this season. I'm already scouring Craigs List for firewood for the woodstove this winter. I usually go through 1-1/2 cords

Offline walrus

« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2019, 06:22:48 PM »
Wish all of you in snow country all the best -- it's tough in the best of times, but the Farmer's Almanac is calling for a really bad winter this season. I'm already scouring Craigs List for firewood for the woodstove this winter. I usually go through 1-1/2 cords
My wood is all done. Last year 3 cords.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2019, 10:15:03 PM »
Triple digits have been broken - down to mid/high 90's this week. A little rain. The monsoon this year was terrible.
Lows are low/mid 70's. the end of the summer is near! 8)

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2019, 10:19:59 PM »
I think the Farmer's Almanac, just might be correct, the leaves a falling like mad here. Started a month, month and a half ago. At first thought it was rain related, now the yard getting full every other day.

Oh well happens every year  ;D
A glowing statement ^

Pep
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 10:24:22 PM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2019, 01:57:06 PM »
Was 97 in south Texas yesterday getting on the plane. Woke up to this today. Nice change

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2019, 04:48:25 PM »
As much as I dislike snow, I make a lot of money if we have a lot of snow selling tools and pressure washers to guys plowing, not to mention more soap to my regular customers.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2019, 05:18:57 PM »
As much as I dislike snow, I make a lot of money if we have a lot of snow selling tools and pressure washers to guys plowing, not to mention more soap to my regular customers.

Yup -- some guys make a good living in the winter. The guy that does my yearly lawn weeding, tree trimming, and seeding confided in me that his winter snowplowing brings his small business into profitability for the year. Without that revenue, he couldn't survive strictly on mowing and yard work during the spring, summer and fall.

Offline muddy

« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2019, 08:24:07 PM »

Yup -- some guys make a good living in the winter. The guy that does my yearly lawn weeding, tree trimming, and seeding confided in me that his winter snowplowing brings his small business into profitability for the year. Without that revenue, he couldn't survive strictly on mowing and yard work during the spring, summer and fall.
Which is something considering it's only a handful of days a year.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman