Author Topic: New Member from Maryland - Looking for Indestro Sockets  (Read 3847 times)

Offline mred49

New Member from Maryland - Looking for Indestro Sockets
« on: December 20, 2018, 08:27:57 AM »
I just joined this site and hope I can contribute to and learn from it. I own a variety of tools, and currently I am trying to complete my set of Indestro Super, ˝” drive, 12 point sockets. I am only missing two sockets (Indestro Super #1238; ˝” drive; 12 point; 1-3/16” socket and Indestro Super #1242; ˝” drive; 12 point; 1-5/16” socket), and I will post a request in the “Wanted” section of this site for any info that might help me obtain them.  Ed

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: New Member from Maryland - Looking for Indestro Sockets
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 09:50:46 AM »
Welcome from Northern VA Ed!!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 09:56:37 AM »
Welcome from Nevada Ed. I have not seen any of those sockets in that size in 1/2dr.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 12:02:29 PM »
Welcome! Glad you found the place. I hope you find the sockets quickly - I know all too well the quest to find that last piece or two.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 03:41:54 PM »
Welcome, but are you sure they made those sockets?  If they did make them they were probably not included in regular socket sets but sold individually.  I have a lot of Indestro sockets, will check tomorrow.

Offline mred49

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 06:32:19 PM »
I'm sure they made them, but I'm pretty sure they were sold individually.  I have seen the 1-5/16" (#1242), but unfortunately it was not for sale.  The image below shows Indestro sales literature from two different catalogs.  Each had one of the sockets in question listed.  Other catalogs from different dates did not list them.  Ed

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 06:34:47 PM by mred49 »