Author Topic: Who are we still missing?  (Read 22263 times)

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
Re: Who are we still missing?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2018, 10:45:23 AM »
I thought the forum's sidepipes were new.  Glad you found your way back, pep!

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2018, 04:15:28 PM »
I figure by now most know that Coolford in now Coolmercury.

Offline four.cycle

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2018, 08:49:43 PM »
I am flummoxed.
This is the same site, but with a different name? Used to be THEGarageGazette.com now just GarageGazette.com - correct?

Was looking for Mr. Lauver's "list" of Craftsman production codes to see if he'd updated it recently. Does anybody have a link?

What happened to the OLD site? Gone? Just down? Was the database lost?

I have been occupied with other things for months. It looks like twertsy's site is down as well? ToolArchives.com ? Any updates?

I have not tried to sign onto Garagejournal.com because I know there will be "9 million posts since last visit" and I simply don't have time right now to pore through all of them.

Somebody help me out here. I use the same handle on all the aforementioned sites.

Thanks!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2018, 09:14:23 PM »
I am flummoxed.
This is the same site, but with a different name? Used to be THEGarageGazette.com now just GarageGazette.com - correct?

Was looking for Mr. Lauver's "list" of Craftsman production codes to see if he'd updated it recently. Does anybody have a link?

What happened to the OLD site? Gone? Just down? Was the database lost?

I have been occupied with other things for months. It looks like twertsy's site is down as well? ToolArchives.com ? Any updates?

I have not tried to sign onto Garagejournal.com because I know there will be "9 million posts since last visit" and I simply don't have time right now to pore through all of them.

Somebody help me out here. I use the same handle on all the aforementioned sites.

Thanks!

Welcome back !!

The old hosting company that hosted THEGARAGEGAZETTE.COM tried to do a hardware upgrade and in the process hosed a lot of their servers (one of which was our old site). Unfortunately the backup files that Rusty thought he had were corrupted as well, and the whole site was down for over a month. Rusty finally had enough and moved the site to a new hosting service and started the new GG site from scratch. We all trickled in over the last few months.

Many of us had some personal backups of our previous posts, and we tried our best to get the ball rolling again. That's where we are today -- much info and content was lost, but many of the previous members have managed to find their way back.

As far as Todd is concerned, he also had a problem and apparently no backup -- he's been working diligently in getting his site back to a steady state, but I don't know what the status is on that front.

Offline four.cycle

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2018, 09:38:26 PM »
Oh! I am sorry to hear that!
On the bright side.... I've been tangled up with other matters for almost a year, and never have had an opportunity to forward to twertsy the material I have.
Perhaps that is just as well if he lost the database and has to start all over.
I have no idea what I posted here before - probably not a lot of great consequence. Most of my activity was on GJ.
Hopefully I'll be able to get back into this as time permits.
Thanks for your help!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2018, 10:58:31 PM »
I regard most everything that was posted at the old site as important but at this point it's spilled milk and all we can do is rebuild as best we can.

Welcome back to all I missed in previous posts. Good to see familiar names and avatars.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2018, 07:03:20 AM »
 No matter how many cylinders it has, no matter how low it sits, or how much it weighs, it needs sidepipes .

^-^
Pep

I thought the forum's sidepipes were new.  Glad you found your way back, pep!
1776 ................... what happened!