Author Topic: Augusta-Heckenrose  (Read 2685 times)

Offline woody 73

Augusta-Heckenrose
« on: March 25, 2019, 01:46:46 PM »
I am afraid I broke my own golden rule but I was unsure which section to post this story in. I am not sure how old the tool in question is ? My wife got it in the 1980's but for all I know it could have come from the 1970's or earlier? Still not sure how to post pictures on the GG and every time I hit the post it button it asks me a ton of questions like, What is on a Farm ? The name of Mac tools/snap on tools, and who killed Kennedy type of questions. After I give my answers it kicks me out of the system even after I have checked in?

My stories on the GJ sometimes go over like a lead balloon and the following one is no exception, in fact it lasted a whole 18 minutes before it hit page two ; I guess not enough drama as they say. This is a saw company from Germany that I thought you might be interestred in and the tool in question is what I would call a folding hack saw. Now my brother-in law was a boat builder in the 60's and 70's so my wife calls it a boat saw. I call it the creature from the black lagoon and you guys/and galls can call it anything you like.

If you can picture a butterfly knife in your mind except for the blade part just substitute it for a hacksaw blade and you will have the whole picture. The Story for you:

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417788

Offline Matt_T

Re: Augusta-Heckenrose
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 02:18:11 PM »
I think Rusty has it locked down until you hit 5 posts. And since you've just hit 5 maybe try again now.

Anyways interesting little saw. The spear point makes me wonder if it's maybe for sheetrock.