VEHICLES > TRACTORS/MOWERS/HEAVY EQUIPMENT

mahindra max 26xl

(1/7) > >>

skfarmer:
life gets in the way and i have never followed through with this. i brought this home in mid december and put it to work. it is a mahindra max 26 xl with loader. most people think mahinda means made in india. not always. this model is made by mitsubishi in japan and has a 3 cylinder tier4 engine and 2 speed hydro transmission. it has 20 hp on the pto, almost 2600 lbs of breakout force on the loader  and 2200 lbs of lift on the 3pt. pretty impressive numbers  for a tractor in this size frame.

goodfellow:
Nice -- what are you going to use it for Harlan?  --

skfarmer:
part of the purchase  was a 3pt snowblower. it has 56 inch cut and is a pretty good match for this tractor. it handles it pretty well but would not want any less hp. snowblowers are hp pigs. it has a spout that can be rotated or angled by electric motors controlled with a joystick. if you look close there is a hf quick hitch mounted between the 3 pt hitch and the blower. it was a bargain for 80 bucks with a 20% off coupon and makes switching implements much easier.

skfarmer:
what is a tractor without attachments? having different tools increasing what you can do with it.

pallet forks are always handy and better yet if easy to switch. the loader has  a skid steer mounting system for the bucket so swapping the bucket with the forks is  as easy as throwing the levers. backing away from the bucket and driving up to the  pallet forks and throwing the lever back to lock the pins. that is a stack of new disc blades and other parts for my grain drill. don't kid yourself how heavy that is. it is pretty much a stack of solid iron.

i also have a trailer mover for it. it was used but barely.  it works great for moving trailers and uses a standard receiver hitch. i made the black bracket to store extra hitches. lower the 3 pt. back up to the trailer. raise the 3pt and away you go. it makes moving snow around trailers easier and should make mowing easier as well.

DeadNutz:
Very versatile tractor you bought SK. The skid steer mounting on the buckets make life easier with more accessories available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version