VEHICLES > PROJECT CARS/TRUCKS

Troubles in River City

<< < (5/5)

oldcarguy:
The ID is important; but not critical. Usually doesn't wear. The most critical part is the side drive pin that engages into the distributor shaft. I have made replacements in the past. In fact I reproduced a rotor from a block of glass filed phenolic from McMasters-Carr.. It worked for about one year then burned out. It cost me a little less than half your estimate..

oldcarguy:
I purchased four new on in April 2022 for my enclosed car hauler. I lost the front passenger side tire on my trailer when I went to Michigan in September. I returned to Ohio on the spare. And ordered two new tires online to have then when I return. Before I left for Pennsylvania I mounted one and installed it. On my way to Leigh Valley Pa from Hershey. I cut the sidewall on the week old tire in the same way as the last. In tight traffic I couldn't swing my 70' rig wide enough to miss a high curb. Kaboom! I could see the damage in my RH mirror.. I was able to change the flat and on the road in 30 minutes..

After three days touring encompassing 300 miles I got a flat tire on the 1914 Cadillac. The drive lug on the Kelsey Hays split rim sheared at the weld. And tore off the tubes metal valve stem. Thank goodness I travel with two mounted tires on the car.

Look what showed up on my doorstep today. Goes a long way making things right. A third place trophy no less from the Hershey Fall meet that I entered in Friday's judging.. Meaning it scored at least 295 to 330 points out of 400.  Seeing that my car is a seasoned touring and not a show car,, I'm delighted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version